1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Adrian Clayborn: Free Can't Block Unless He's Holding

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by FiveRings, Dec 3, 2012.

1. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
  2. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Even if he's holding he can't block.
  3. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,747 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    I'm not making excuses, but I think he's hurting too much to play effectively. They should replace him with Parnell and see what he can do. Spags says that Free is usually seen in the training room with big ice packs on both knees and both ankles.

He's definitely hurting the team with his performance. If it's injury related, they need to rest him and get him right. If it's anything else, they need to bench him and let someone else have a shot.
  4. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,672 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    Not sure how often this occurs in Twitterland, but it's highly disrespectful to have a current NFL player call out another NFL player like this. Wow!

Clayborn probably had the best game of his career earlier in the season vs Free - so he should know.

I'm not sure what happened to Free. In 2009, he looked lean, athletic and played with some pop behind his pads. Now he's kind of a stationary target and DE are just teeing off on him or running around him. If he's injured, he needs to take a seat. Parnell is the smart play at this point. You need to see if he's a viable option at RT next season.
  5. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,038 Messages
    612 Likes Received
    That does not sound like an injured person...that sounds like what all athletes do after going to battle....ice down.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,860 Messages
    1,706 Likes Received
    He has not been mentioned on any injury reports that I can remember. So the injury excuse does not work
  7. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,345 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    :laugh2: Free has zero respect from the media and in the league.
  8. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,144 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    And Clayborn would be correct... Doug Free needs to be replaced in 2013.
  9. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,105 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    FIFY.
  10. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,950 Messages
    1,392 Likes Received
    Free has been a massive disappointment this season.
  11. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,207 Messages
    2,802 Likes Received
    I think Free doesn't fit Callahan's system very well. That it doesn't play to his strengths, so to speak.

Free has alluded to the scheme change a few times this season when prompted to talk about his struggles, and while I may be forgetting someone... I don't remember any of the other linemen mentioning that.

I could be way off, but when he was playing RT under Houck a couple of seasons ago, he looked like a completely different player. It could be that either he isn't suited to the new coach's way of playing or that he hasn't adjusted to it yet.

Not exactly a grassy knoll conspiracy theory, but it is a thought.
  12. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....THIS HAS TO STOP on this forum and anywhere else....the injury excuses for this guy went on all last season too: enough is enough. He is HORRIBLE and a complete joke of a tackle. Worst signing since Jerrah inked Roy WIlliams(WR) that big deal and gave away high draft picks as well...all goes back to JJ's ineptitude. Free is a 3rd stringer on most clubs, not good enough to be on other's rosters at all: can you imagine him trying out for the Giants or 49ers'? He'd be laughed off the field.
  13. newlander

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.......because tackle's as BAD as Free dont' fit ANY system very well. Suckitude is his middle name.:bang2:
  14. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,148 Messages
    4,601 Likes Received
    So why did Free go from being a pretty good RT to not being able to play? Did he forget how to block? Has he gotten so out of shape he can't play?

Teams hide injuries as much as they can. I'm not saying he's injured but no one here has the slightest idea if he is or isn't. And no it's not normal for a player to sit around with bags of ice on their ankles and knees. The only reason for them to not play Parnell is he is either worse than Free (a frightening vision) or he's injured. It's normal this time of year for many to be dinged up some more than others. I certainly hope Free is injured enough to account for most of his poor play and also that if so its something that isn't chronic.
  15. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,672 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    Wasn't Free struggling last year as well?
  16. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

5,594 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    He struggled last year, but this year is worse than Torrin Tucker.
  17. newlander

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.......but not this badly, this is a new low. People on here made excuses for his supposed "injuries" last year too. If he's that hurt, get him OUT of there for god sakes. What do we have backups for? :mad:
  18. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,860 Messages
    1,706 Likes Received
    He is NOT hurt. That is a totall BS flat out fabrication by his desperate supporters.
  19. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,747 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    I'm not making excuses for Free nor am I a supporter of his. I had high hopes for him two years ago, but since then I want him out of there as much as the anyone else. If you read my post, I said he needs to be out of there either way. I just made an allowance that he may be hurting and, thus, is unable to move and push like he needs to.
  20. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,786 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    He's getting to be our present day Phil Pozderac. That guy developed a rep among the ref's for holding. It was said as the ref's passed each other in the airports going to games his rep was passed along and embellished.

He was getting holding calls that really were not all that bad.....but all based on a bad rep among the small community of ref's