1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Adrian Peterson 106 yards behind Emmitt at same point in career

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 4, 2013.

1. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,292 Messages
    431 Likes Received
    WTH are you talking about?

Where's your evidence? Oh yeah, nothing. You're a disgrace.

You spend more time in this forum denigrating this team than supporting your own.
  2. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

15,076 Messages
    695 Likes Received
    I'm guessing that you have no personal knowledge of Sanders.
  3. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,127 Messages
    3,207 Likes Received
    The biggest reason why the Lions have no titles is Barry Sanders. By far the biggest reason.
  4. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,392 Messages
    579 Likes Received
    Didnt LD break the record his first year. OOO thats right LD didnt make it either , even tho everyone proclaimed he was going to do it too.
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    That is absurd. They didn't win Superbowls because of the best player on their team, a guy who was an all-time great?

I know you don't like Sanders, but no way does that make any sense.
  6. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,127 Messages
    3,207 Likes Received
    No team can win when they are always 2nd and long and 3rd and long.
  7. Alweezy

Alweezy Active Member

615 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    IF anyone could do this, it'd be Adrian Peterson. People have doubted him his entire career.

To even be in the conversation of this record you need atleast a window of 10 years of 1,000+ yards. Adrian Peterson can most certainly perform at this level for another 5 years. I predict that Adrian will surpass Barry and Walter Payton at the end of his career.

Now what's going to end up hurting his chances of getting the record that #22 set, is the fact that Emmitt tacked on those extra seasons out in Arizona.

I just find it ironic that here in Peterson we have a once in a generation type player and people are so bent on defending our Cowboys alumni that we fail to appreciate a story unfolding in front of us. Adrian Peterson coming back from two different injuries and putting up Eric Dickerson in his prime type numbers is enough for me to see that this is not an ordinary athlete.