1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Advanced nfl statistics breaks down Romo in the clutch

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by pansophy, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    I'm saying I'd trust that former Marine's opinion on the matter over that of some internet tough guy who thinks his opinion matters.
  2. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,594 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Romo makes his fair share of mistakes, so he must be held accountable. However, he does not deserve the extreme amount of blame or backlash that he has received over his career. He has had to overcome a defense that has to be described and anti-clutch and anti-defense (they can't seem to get a crucial stop when needed and they create little to no turnovers). We have no return game whatsoever. Our running game has been mediocre at best. Our OL has led to that mediocre running game, as well as having Romo running for his life game after game. The coaching has been suspect at best. We are horribly undisciplined when it comes to penalties. We have had some great TE and WR play, but always have untimely drops that could go for first downs or touchdowns.

So to put all of this squarely on the shoulders of Romo is lazy and ludicrious analysis.

BTW, Marino had no running game and won 0 SBs. Elway didn't win until he got a running game.

Dallas doesn't have a legit running game, return game, or reliable defense..........so why is it Romo's fault that we can't do better than .500 and 1 postseason victory?
    starfrombirth likes this.
  3. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,871 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    Yeah, man, come on. He was teaching algebra to college students who didn't get it the first time around in 8th grade. He must have been some genius.

And he was a Marine... so, enough said (apparently)
  4. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

1,796 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Come on Man..... You no and so does everyone else. Romo has not changed since day 1, Bill Parcells told everyone about Romo tendencies way back then... but know one listened. Not saying he his bad, or deserves 100% of the blame.... but Come on Man.... he deserves a lot of it....:LOL from the early days of the Seattle game to last year Redskins game and everything in between....You are who you are..........Its up to Romo to get that big monkey off his back.....
  5. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,924 Messages
    588 Likes Received
    I am a statistician. And I don't teach remedial crap like algebra
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,097 Messages
    1,267 Likes Received
    only those that have gotten a F in Football 101 (where they teach things like it takes a team to win a game- little things like that) would say that Romo is responsible for more than a small part of the blame. Those claiming he should bear a lot of it clearly failed that course.
  7. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,594 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    the seattle game that we lost by 2.......yes romo botched the hold and for that he is guilty. glenn fumbled the ball back into and out of the end zone for a safety........he doesn't fumble and the game is tied on that FG attempt......but it is all Romo's fault we lost that game.

Giants game........Fasano dropped a TD. TO dropped 2 first downs. Hurd dropped a pass where he had tons of open field to run. Crayton quit running on that final pass. The OL stopped blocking after the half and gave Barber no running lanes. Reeves got abused by Steve Smith right before the half, allowing the Giants to score a crucial TD and gain momentum going into the break. But the loss is all on Romo cause he went to Cabo.
  8. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    LMAO!!!!

Yeah sure, whatever. You're a statistician... and I'm the Emperor of Brazil.
    DCBoysfan likes this.
  9. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

1,796 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    I hear ya, I want and hope for better days.....but the nation has watched Romo and this team goes down before. Romo is a good QB, better than most, but he is what he is and its hard pressed to find to many folks who say otherwise.... cant give the ball to Romo and expect him to win the game like Tom Brady did today. But then again Tom Brady is one of a kind,,,,Romo is good and think Callahan will help him improve........

Its not as if its a secret,,,,,Romo is a Hero or Zero type player.....make the play your a HERO....you don't well just look at ROMO......its not about what or should of been,,,,,ROMO has a monkey on his back....the ENTIRE nation see's it, if you don't well you are just making DRAMA., or a real ROMO HOMER......I like ROMO but he has a KNOWN problem...is Peyton Manning, or Drew Bree's or a Tom Brady in the same catagory NO....he is obviously a step or 2 below.... that don't change the facts.....until he wins a Superbowl he will be just another Vinney Testaverdie, Chad Pennington, Drew Bledsoe type QB.....good.... but not good enough....I want him to win, but some player have it.... and some players don't.......I hope he has it...I want the Cowboys to win a Superbowl and I dont care who the QB is when they do win.....
  10. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,924 Messages
    588 Likes Received
    You calling me a liar? That's pretty lame territory.
  11. lurkercowboy

lurkercowboy Active Member

4,028 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Good article, but does Dallas have an "aging roster" like it says at the end?
  12. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

2,779 Messages
    940 Likes Received
    And you're not a Marine who also teaches Algebra.
  13. Wolf2k5

Wolf2k5 Active Member

828 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    I love when any thread with "statistics" in the title always degrade to who had better grades in math class lol
  14. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

2,772 Messages
    527 Likes Received

Here are some stats. I bet many people use this chart all the time to support a certain assertion - Which is the riskiest group by far?

[IMG]

Some people can find a "stat" to support their position, but critical thinking and analysis can tear it to pieces with other (better) stats
  15. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

2,772 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Why is hard to believe people with advanced math and stat degrees post here?
  16. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,300 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I like your women down there:D

Don't want to comment on whether or not Romo is a choker but here is my favorite saying in regards to stats...

"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital." ~Aaron Levenstein