1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice Needed--Dish Network Equipment Insall Question

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Rocky, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Rocky

Rocky New Member

777 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Okay, I'm switching from Directv to dish network (install setup for sat). I've getting dish 500 and the 625 dual tuner dvr-receiver.

And to my surprise this 1 receiver will work for both tv's . Different setup from Directv, where you get 1:1 ratios for tv-receivers. Imagine that. Well, I directed a couple of questions to the eager-to- please, but hard-to-comprehend cust support chick in India. I gave up.

Thought I'd try my luck here. How well does this system work, really? One tv will be downstairs and the other upstairs (the master bedroom and I suppose the main tv). Is there a significant delay in changing functions, channels and such on tv 2 thru the UHF remote? Also, and this is very critical, will I be able to route the audio through my hi fi system on the tv2 setup? If so, how exactly?