1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: After Kansas City deaths, Garrett repeats his message to players -- talk to us...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 3, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,037 Messages
    5,519 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said he stresses to the players to come to him or anyone in the organization if they have anything in their lives they want to talk about or want help with, and that the Cowboys will do anything they can to provide help.

“Literally, I said I’ll get down on my hands and knees, and I beg you to do this because it’s the most important thing there is,” Garrett said Monday, talking about the effect of the murder-suicide on Saturday involving Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Javon Belcher and his girlfriend Kasandra Perkins.

“There’s no issue that you have in your life that we can’t somehow solve in some way and in some way make it better,” Garrett said. “I just say that from the bottom of my heart because you never know what guys are going through, and you just let them know they have a place to turn. It’s a real tragedy there, so you just want to make sure you do everything you can to make sure something like that doesn’t happen here, and you want to make them really aware that we have the resources to help them.”

Garrett said he spoke to the team about the shootings on Saturday night at the team hotel and that everyone listened and he hoped he got the message across. He said the macho image of a football player shouldn’t prevent him from seeking help.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...ers-talk-to-us-theres-no-issue-we-cant-s.html
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,992 Messages
    715 Likes Received
    Great great thing to do.

Some of these kids need help ....... look at the progress Dez has made since he asked for help this offseason. (though many here mocked him for it)
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Agree with this very much.
  4. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I defended him for a reason people sometimes need help. yes even grown ups that you think should know better people.
  5. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,069 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    Please talk to someone!
  6. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,724 Messages
    2,396 Likes Received
    I assume coaches around the NFL have similar messages after the tragedy. That's the great thing about coaches, even ones who turn out to be bad, they genuinely want to do what is right for their players in a crisis and to be there for them.
  7. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,729 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    I bash garrett a lot but ill give him props for this. Very good read.
  8. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree...
  9. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,861 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    I'm willing to bet you'd have a hard time finding more than one or two comments on here mocking Dez for asking for help, much less "many." There may have been some lighthearted or facetious comments, but I doubt they would fall under the category of mockery.
  10. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,992 Messages
    715 Likes Received
    Is that your final answer?
  11. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Ironic. :laugh2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :laugh1: :laugh2: :lmao: :lmao: :laugh1: :laugh1: :lmao2: :lmao: :laugh2: :laugh1: