1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Agent: The Truth Behind Ware’s Exit From Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by iceberg, Mar 13, 2014.

1. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,991 Messages
    715 Likes Received
    But But Ware is mad and hates devil Jerry..........
    Boyzmamacita and casmith07 like this.
  2. egn22

egn22 Active Member

834 Messages
    223 Likes Received
    This article basically lays out the best possible scenario for all parties involved yet people are still mad...
    Heisenberg and casmith07 like this.
  3. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,241 Messages
    2,665 Likes Received
    Welcome...to the desert of the real.
  4. theSHOW

theSHOW Well-Known Member

3,195 Messages
    1,035 Likes Received
    Jerry allowed DeMarcus to check out any team he wanted. Sounds like they both agree no NFC East team would be good for the future relationship. Jones was not trying to get a draft pick for Ware and Ware could have mentioned his gratitude for that instead of blabbing about Jerry blabbing about him during the combine. It went pretty smooth. Jerry loves the Cowboys players like no other owner.
  5. lane

lane The Chairman

10,701 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    i think it's a 50/ 50 mixture of what you said coupled with he knows this is his last chance to be set for life before age and injuries force the issue.

i can not even fathom what elway and whoever pulled the trigger on this 30 million deal are drinking.

did they not watch game film of him the past two years.

150 year old wine and cuban cigars if they think ware is going to even come close to their expectations.

they face the freaking chargers twice a year who will shut him down entirely.
  6. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,288 Messages
    2,093 Likes Received
    I am fine with the team being unwilling to spend $10m a year for Ware. Denver may surround him with enough talent and a rotation to keep him healthy but his arrow was not pointed up here. It has been hard watching him finish up the last two seasons.

Good luck to him.
    Boyzmamacita likes this.
  7. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,064 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    He was a good buddy of Jay Ratliff.
  8. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,460 Messages
    394 Likes Received
    The truth is we just give our star players away while other teams like the Patriots find to ways salvage, recycle and rebuild. I don't think he cares like some people think he does...wish the Joneses would leave Texas.
  9. Rockytop6

Rockytop6 Well-Known Member

2,072 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    I know I need my head examined. When things look good, I complain and when things look bad I am positive about the team. I have never been a JJ fan, and I have been a Cowboys' fan from the beginning of the franchise. Draft time is one of my most frustrating times of the year. The picks, up until the last couple of years, have appeared to be illogical according to my logic which has been proven wrong at times, and validated at other times.

The 'shoot the moon' type contracts have caused me to shake my head until both my head and my neck hurt. Yet for the last few weeks when things have looked the darkest and logically still looks like a dark night with a moon in eclipse, I have been more encouraged that I have for quite a while.

I've been surprised at the overwhelming negativism on the Cowboys' sites when free agency has not yet been played out and the draft is still two months away. Why am I positive when to do so is swimming up river against a strong current? I am totally caught by surprise by the loss of Hatcher, Ware and Spencer. I thought JJ would send us deeper into the abyss of cap Hades by vastly overpaying the aging and at least semi-injured players. I expected these players to somewhat rebound and have good years, but I thought also that while fandom would rejoice at the good year they would have, they would bemoan the action in a couple of years. I really wanted them to resign Hatch if it was a reasonable contract.

Now to answer my own question as to why I am so positive? I can see a light at the end of the tunnel for our cap tragedy. I think we had to make those moves now or two years from now we would be struggling again with the limitations caused by the state of the cap.
    I was surprised at the decision by JJ as I thought he could not deal with the back lash of cutting a future HOF player when that player could conceivably have a good year. He is loyal to the players that have been successful and sticks with them too long. Yet JJ manned up and acted like a true GM. This speaks well for the future regarding his actions as GM.

I know very little about the 3 players they signed which have not excited me, but I find I have more confidence now in their decisions than I used to have. I think by the time the draft starts we will all be surprised at the solid, reasonable signees we will have made. I haven't had confidence in a draft in a long time, but for some unexplainable reason even to myself, I have confidence that the draft will supply several answers to our problems.

I am not traveling by sight, but by faith, and the decisions JJ and company have made recently gives me cause to believe.
    TonyRomo17 likes this.
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,090 Messages
    4,295 Likes Received
    That doesn't make any sense to me either. I'm still shocked.
  11. rpntex

rpntex Active Member

254 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    I disagree. I don't think the agent is trying to make anyone look like a bad guy. He's just looking out for his guy's image without casting blame.
  12. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,220 Messages
    564 Likes Received
    I've got to agree with the gist of this article. I felt from the beginning that Ware wasn't really taking a realistic outlook concerning his situation in view of his expectations. He was fortunate Denver was to willing to overpay. I respect his career but business is business and Dallas was in no position to accomodate his demands. I think things will work out well for both Dallas and Ware.
  13. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,426 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    I'm gonna miss DeMarcus Ware. I am a Cowboys fan though not a DeMarcus Ware fan so hopefully he BLOWS next year. GO COWBOYS!
  14. Ratmatt

Ratmatt Active Member

919 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    Do you blame him?
  15. roughneck266

roughneck266 Well-Known Member

2,000 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    Obviously not.
  16. 65fastback2plus2

65fastback2plus2 Well-Known Member

1,377 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    Wish I could "take one for the team" and get an extra $10+ mil now.
  17. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,571 Messages
    1,554 Likes Received

disagree- he might have gotten a little more with Denver then elsewhere but its clear he would have gotten a lot more with any other team but Dallas.
  18. Next Years Champ

Next Years Champ Active Member

493 Messages
    178 Likes Received
    Agent spin doctoring.

I always thought that becuz of Ware's royalty treatment..

it has cost the Cowboys all along the way.

I think there was enormous jealousy in the DL ranks because guys like Marcus Spears, Spencer and Ratliff couldn't get paid because Ware was sucking all the cap with his deal.

So they all decided that it was time to move on.

And so they have.

Good riddance.

This group of DL has so under achieved in their Cowboy careers as to be a disgrace.

We made a mistake by drafting guys like Ware and others trying to fit them into the 3-4 scheme.

Same with Spencer.

We have to draft players without projects in mind..

..that means we can't wait and see if they become All Pro on the cheap.

No successful franchises do this except Dallas.

It's the Wild Catter in Jones and he needs to quit it.
  19. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

1,794 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    Way to interject your own opinion while portraying it as Ware's. Good job! Not surprising but good job nonetheless.
  20. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,390 Messages
    8,293 Likes Received
    It's one of those deals where you're not a Cowboy anymore. So I hope your career flames out in short order.