1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Aikman disses Cowboys Fans

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by maxdallasfan, Oct 12, 2012.

1. maxdallasfan

maxdallasfan Well-Known Member

1,403 Messages
    566 Likes Received
    10:40AM EDT October 12. 2012 - Hall of Famers don't have better hearing than us but the sound of silence hits them harder.

After the Bears won in Dallas on Monday Night, Chicago receiver Brandon Marshall said it felt like a home game.

Troy Aikman, who won a handful of Super Bowls wearing the star, knew what he was talking about.

"I don't think Dallas has ever really had a great home field advantage," Aikman said on KTCK-AM 1310 The Ticket. "What I've heard is that, 'Wow, they really lost home field advantage when they left Texas Stadium.' Texas Stadium really wasn't that different. Having played playoff games in Texas Stadium, that stadium was rocking, it was great. ... But when we would play in Philadelphia, New York and walk out of the tunnel, I would have to be yelling at the top of my lungs for guys to hear me. And you get on the plane for the flight home and your head would be pounding, you wouldn't have a voice, and that's just the way that it was. There was no way you could go down there near the goal line and use hard count in an opposing stadium. And yet in Texas Stadium, teams did it all the time."

Aikman added that for "a large part -- and the fans don't want to hear this -- a lot of of the people that attend sports in this town, they're there because it's of just a place to be seen" and that "I didn't know anybody who went to Rangers games, then when they started winning and going to World Series, everybody's wearing Rangers hats..."
  2. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: luvin' it!

Dallas people are snobish and boring, Texas people in general are judgemental and overly self indulged, go O.U.!
  3. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,862 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received
    Those loud stadiums like they have in Philadelphia, Kansas City and Cleveland have sure helped them win a lot of Super Bowls in recent years.

Sometimes .. I mean just sometimes .. it might have everything to do with the coaches and players .. :D

#reality
  4. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,213 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    Why bother with the truth when you can blame the fans?

People are so silly.
  5. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,249 Messages
    1,456 Likes Received
    I have season tickets and I can tell you the Cowboys have some of the worst uneducated fans I have ever seen. I have been to several other stadiums and none of them are this bad.

It's sad that we don't even have a home field advantage at all. Other teams love to come to our stadium for road games because there is barely in noise when they are calling out their plays. Aikman is 100% correct.
  6. jason54858

jason54858 Gloomy Sunday

2,215 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    I may be bashed for saying this, but here it goes. There are not many die hard sports fans in the DFW area period. I say "many" because I assume there is a couple out there. I assume many of you who post on this site are die hard Cowboy fans I guess. I personally have never met a true die hard Cowboy, Ranger or Maverick who was actually from the DFW. To make my self clear, when I use the term "die hard" I'm referring to the fans out there who would literally physically fight for their team if need be. Now I am not condoning violence by any means. I'm just saying if you go to Boston and start talking mess about the Redsox to wrong dude, s*** will go down. I dont get that vibe when I go down to the Dallas area.
  7. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,400 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    In a sport that is defined by inches, I would take every possible advantage I could get.
  8. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,432 Messages
    5,990 Likes Received
    You need to get out more then.
  9. jason54858

jason54858 Gloomy Sunday

2,215 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    Get out more where? I have been all the country excluding the the west coast, which is probably worse maybe. I dont know if its a laid back southern thing seeing that Atlanta, Jacksonville, and Miami have the same problem from what I have heard, but yeah man, not many die hard sports in Dallas.
  10. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,432 Messages
    5,990 Likes Received
    what part of dallas are you from?
  11. Turf Toe

Turf Toe Active Member

164 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I've been to games at Texas Stadium and in San Fran and all I can say is, Califonia Cowboys fans > DFW Cowboys fans.. Sorry.
  12. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,404 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    Troy is hardly making excuses for the Cowboys coaches and players. He is not a Cowboy anymore...and he's extremely objective in his broadcasting and comments about the sport.

And Troy is SPOT ON. I would get so mad when I used to go to games in the 90's. I wanted to grab the fans around me and say...get off your ***** and cheer!

It's such a different--and lifeless--environment compared to other football stadiums.

There's something in the culture in the metroplex...I don't know what it is. I really did love the people when I lived in Dallas...and then in Las Colinas.
  13. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,863 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    I personally think that many stadiums pipe in noise. Dallas is not one of them.
  14. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Oh the irony.
  15. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,753 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    a loud crowd behind the home-team can do wonders. it gives the defense energy.
  16. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    No, it doesn't. There is no mystical force coming from "Cheers" that act as a fuel source for the players.

Crowd noise does, however, make it difficult for the visiting team to run their offense.
  17. Smashin222

Smashin222 Member

554 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Food for thought:

I grew up in Western Massachusetts, so I can take the inevitable Patriots fan heat from this. The Foxborough crowd is one of the worst -- and quietest in football. It's a fact. The fact it's true during one of the best runs the sport has ever seen is troubling. Boston also remains a baseball town, the last year notwithstanding. The city's emotion doesn't ebb and flow with the Patriots like it does with the Red Sox. There was always a sense of superiority from Red Sox fans in terms of their knowledge and passion about baseball compared to other fan bases. That's how true football towns feel about Boston. Football is not ingrained in the Massachusetts blood. There is some risk here of spoiled complacency after the Belichick era is over, not unlike what's happened in Dallas and San Francisco.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ckers-bills-on-top?module=HP11_content_stream
  18. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,887 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    spot on..
  19. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,255 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Breaking news there Reality ;) Haha. I wish more people understood this. Granted a loud crown can make a difference, but the others still have to perform.
  20. Tass

Tass Lucky Devil

1,911 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    The South = Conservative. Conservative types tend to act, well...conservative. :)