1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Aikman disses Cowboys Fans

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by maxdallasfan, Oct 12, 2012.

1. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cowboys fans outside of Texas > Cowboys fans in Texas.
  2. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,571 Messages
    931 Likes Received
    Help me with the sig pic.

Is he dressed like a her, .. or does she look like a he?
  3. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,814 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    Yea, SEC games are real tame :laugh2:

Well, I couldn't disagree more. We can argue all day whether it should or should not have an impact on the players, but athletes DEFINITELY feed off the energy in the crowd. I mean, Dallas comes out flat at home every week, it shouldn't be a major surprise that they have some of the flattest fans in the country.
  4. jason54858

jason54858 Gloomy Sunday

1,886 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    I'm from New York tbh. My family is from Dallas. Don't get me wrong, the DFW area overall is great. Looking to move out there eventually. That being said it seems the people out there are fair weather fans when it comes to their teams.
  5. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,381 Messages
    382 Likes Received

DFW blows chunks, looking to get out of here eventually, it's stale.
  6. Smashin222

Smashin222 Member

554 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Is anyone going to respond to the fact that the patriots have one of the flattest crowds in football and won 3 superbowls?
  7. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Active Member

965 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    Troy and Jason are correct. DFW sports fans are some of the most wishy washy in the nation when it comes to EVERY sport. The only true fanatics are soccer fans from every other country on earth except here. Also known as 'Hooligans'. They have DIED for their teams and have killed players for blowing big games. I went a big rivalry soccer game in south America and the fans from each team were being funneled to the stadium by different routes to avoid brawls and had to go in diefferent entrances. Same after the game. Police in riot gear lined the streets.I was wearing one of the teams' jerseys and the person I was with told me to cover it up until we got inside. They make Philly fans look tame by comparison.
  8. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,381 Messages
    382 Likes Received

Soccer is stupid.
  9. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Active Member

965 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    Most popular spectator sport in the world, though.
  10. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,342 Messages
    535 Likes Received
    Jealous much? Sucks always being the little brother don't it? :laugh2: The only thing good that came from Oklahoma was my mom, Aikman, and I guess that lame musical "Oklahoma".
  11. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,840 Messages
    1,171 Likes Received
    I live here and this is 110% accurate. The fans here are the biggest fair weather fans anywhere. It's hard to find people around you that are true die hard Cowboys fans.

Also the Cowboys fans in other states.. especially California are a lot more passionate and yell and scream a lot more for the Cowboys than the fans here.
  12. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,746 Messages
    667 Likes Received
    People are silly.. when was he ever blaming the fans for the teams' success or lack thereof?

Never.. he was simply responding to a statement about the home field advantage question. Didn't say its their fault Dallas doesn't win more, just spoke honestly about the environment there.

Some of you need to get a grip..
  13. ufcrules1

6,840 Messages
    1,171 Likes Received
    Who cares? Are you saying fans should not be more passionate and try to be the 12th man? Seattle has a huge home field advantage with their crowd. They happen to suck on the road though.

Baltimore is another team that has an awesome home crowd. I have been to many of their games and they are a blast.
  14. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,230 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    Ditto that. And the Hooliganism isn't what sports is about, it is completely stupid and I don't understand what would possess people to be a part of that.
  15. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's weird reading all this. I'm in Toronto and we're notorious for having quiet boring fans.

Sounds like I wouldn't miss a beat if I went to a Cowboys home game. It'd feel like I'd never left TO.

Ah well, loud crowds haven't done a whole lot of good for Seattle or KC lately so, as in all things....

GO COWBOYS!! :star:
  16. Smashin222

Smashin222 Member

554 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    no
    I'm saying the idiots claiming that we're not doing as well as we could be because we don't have raucous fans are full of it. We didn't need fans to win 3 superbowls. the pats didn't need fans to win 3 superbowls.

we're only complaining because the product on the field isn't up to expectation.

I'd be glad if we had a killer crowd, but people who are pissed about it seem to be connecting it to the W/L which just isn't true.
  17. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,397 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    How do local, Texas, fans of high school and college compare to DFW pro fans?

Go Pistol Hill
  18. QT

QT Active Member

1,900 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I'm a diehard from Dallas... Would never want to go to a Cowboys game.

1) I prefer watching it on HD on my TV at home. I hate having people around me talk like they know anything about the Cowboys. "Romo sucks, blah, blah.."
    2) b/c it's too damn expensive
  19. ufcrules1

6,840 Messages
    1,171 Likes Received
    I wouldn't connect it at all to our teams woes right now but it can have an effect on the outcome of a game that is decided by inches.

Our crowd and most local fans suck in a major way and it really pains me to say that.
  20. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Active Member

965 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    We as 'fans', can't understand what being a true 'fanatic' is all about IMO. I am however, a Die-hard Dallas sports fan. From Moody Madness to Arlington stadium to Stanley Cup playoff games at Reunion Arena or a Cowboy game at the Cotton Bowl, I've been there. And will continue to be until I die.