1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Aikman disses Cowboys Fans

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by maxdallasfan, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,407 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    I never said you NEED great crowd to win.
  2. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    As a die hard soccer fan, i have to tell you that some "soccer" (I hate calling it soccer, its football :D ) hooligans riot or fight for other things unrelated to football, for example politics. I dont like hooligan culture, i dont approve violence in sports, but i do love the other things football fans do like the chants, flags and colors they put into the stadium.

I think it might also have to do that sports in USA are too much of a business and people are very aware of that, such thing doesnt happen with "soccer" in most countries and fans are very into in the team. This is happening less and less since most big clubs are being bought by rich oil arabs or chinese investors.

Anyways, about what Troy said. I never been to a Cowboys of NFL game, so can only speak from what i see on TV or read and Cowboys Stadium can be very very silent.
  3. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Well-Known Member

1,167 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    I called it soccer to avoid confusion. I know it's the original football. The game I went to they were even setting off fireworks IN THE STANDS. No little firecrackers, either. I'm talking major smoke and colorful explosions in the sky and a resounding "BOOM!" And yes, the chants are sometimes Hi-larious!
  4. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,909 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    Really? People who would fight for their team are stupid...borderline ********...in fact, I'm not even sure I'd issue these same people a license to operate heavy machinery. Point blank.
  5. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,909 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    Are you serious? Did you just refer to the lack of willingness to fight for ones team as a problem? Is this a joke?
  6. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

1,124 Messages
    781 Likes Received
    I think this get's blown out of proportion due to that huge post season home win they had a few years ago against the Saints. If you look at their actual regular season record it's not near as "huge" an advantage as people make it out to be. I think they're either .500 or barely above it at home over the last 3 regular seasons.
  7. Proximo

1,124 Messages
    781 Likes Received
    I agree with this. People seem to think that a huge home field advantage contributes to a team being successful more than it actually does. I think it's actually more the other way around: when a team plays well at home their fans will get more into the game, as opposed to thinking a team will play well at home because their fans are into the game. Now, I'm not saying it doesn't matter at all, but I just think it gets blown out of proportion.
  8. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,250 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    "Lets T-A-N-K !!!!!! No hope for this year. 1st pick is better than 10th pick and 3 more wins."

Your opinion no longer matters.
  9. DallasJ7

DallasJ7 Active Member

504 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    The key though is to look at the home/road splits. They've had average records at home because they've been below average or just plain bad the past few years. Their home crowd definitely gives them an advantage.

2011: 4-4 at home; 3-5 on the road
    2010: 5-3 at home; 2-6 on the road
    2009: 4-4 at home; 1-7 on the road.
  10. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,100 Messages
    357 Likes Received
    No reason to blame the failure of the team on the fans but our home crowds are embarrassing.
  11. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    Sure sir, whatever you say. If we win SuperBowl i will be happy to eat my words.
  12. Proximo

1,124 Messages
    781 Likes Received

I'm just saying that the whole idea seems to be getting blown out of proportion on this board in general. There's been a number of threads about it over the last few weeks and it's just beating a dead horse at this point. Also, you have to consider that a team like Seattle plays in what's been an overall weak division for a number of years, and 3/8 of their home games are against those division teams.

I do agree that some teams definitely have more passionate, raucous home crowds than others, however I stand by my earlier statement that most home crowds get into a game because their team plays wells, as opposed to thinking that the team plays well because their crowd is into the game.
  13. Tass

Tass Lucky Devil

1,901 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    "Football (soccer) is the most popular sport in the world!"

So what? The Black Eyed Peas sold millions of albums and they still suck. Soccer is popular because all you need to play it is a rectangle of dirt and one ball. Most of the world is dirt poor so this is what they are into. Good for them and all that, I guess.
  14. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,899 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Clearly Aikman was implying the reason the Cowboys haven't won Superbowls recently is because of the fans. [/sarcasm]

#TheRat (just in case you have tunnel vision and can't see my handle on the side of your screen)
  15. coogrfan

coogrfan Well-Known Member

1,518 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    Ever been to an NFL game in New Orleans? Houston? Nashville? A college football game pretty much anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon?

You're going to have to do better than that.
  16. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,101 Messages
    2,221 Likes Received
  17. Sampson

Sampson Member

109 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    There are high school games in Texas that are absolutely nuts!
  18. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,016 Messages
    506 Likes Received
    Some of you are more sensitive than women.

What exactly did Aikman say that we all didnt already know? We do have a weak home crowd. Is it the reason we suck? No of course not, it only exacerbates the situation.

I think we can all agree a homefield advantage can be useful in certain situations.
  19. EvilJerry88

EvilJerry88 Active Member

356 Messages
    31 Likes Received

I would like actually having a home field advantage. Playing in front of your fans should help you.
  20. robjgrif

robjgrif Active Member

1,126 Messages
    10 Likes Received

This! And I grew up in DFW so I have seen both sides...