1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Aikman disses Cowboys Fans

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by maxdallasfan, Oct 12, 2012.

1. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,873 Messages
    850 Likes Received
    Dallas itself is much less conservative than the state as a whole, but yeah--there are plenty of rowdy fans in other conservative areas. I don't know what it is, but I can remember watching games in Texas Stadium and being able to hear every word of the opposing QB's cadence.
  2. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,000 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    Ticket prices these days at the stadium keep alot of the rowdy fans at home to begin with. High society dominates there it seems. Take a look at our fans in the seats vs someplace like Green Bay. A bunch of fuddie duddies.
  3. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,873 Messages
    850 Likes Received
    So what you are saying is that it is a social class problem? The working class can no longer afford to go to the stadium? I wonder why it is different in places like Green Bay? Hmm, could it have anything to do with the fact that the Pack is a publicly owned entity?
  4. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,000 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    Not only that but Cowboys stadium is a tourist attraction. You get the whole Dinsey World crowd types there. Theres no real passion or attachment to whats going on on the field.
  5. eliland

eliland Benched

241 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Yes, those two NY Jewish fellows Rodgers and Hammerstein must have been from Norman. :)
  6. Misanthrope

Misanthrope New Member

108 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Aikman is right. If that's "dissing" fans, so be it.

Kills me to fly over 1,000 miles to attend a Cowboys home game and be surrounded by 20,000+ fans of the visiting team. You don't see that in Pittsburgh, Seattle, New England, etc..

:facepalm:
  7. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

4,936 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    I agree.

3 years ago we went to the DAL @ DEN game and despite sitting in the 3rd to last row at the top, that crowd was LOUD. The friends I went to the game with are Denver fans and they were blown away by the crowd as well. When there was a 1st down, the announcer says something, "That's another Broncos..." and the crowd yells, "FIRST DOWN!" and i mean EVERYBODY yells it.

Compare that to a game like 2006 Thanksgiving (TB @ DAL). Romo throws 5 TDs. the crowd would cheer when they scored, but somewhat quiet the rest of the time.
  8. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The only reason Texas hasn't drifted off into the gulf is because Oklahoma sucks
  9. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,215 Messages
    1,963 Likes Received
    Not that this is news to anybody, but the Deathstar was not built for home field advantage, it was built to make money.

In fact, if your goal is to generate crowed noise, Cowboy Stadium is about the worst configuration you can have. The arch design allows for way too much open area and the seats are situated too far back from the field. The noise the crowd makes just dissapates into the openness since there is nothing for it to reverberate against.

The reason you build it like this is because you want virtually everybody in the stadium to be able to see your 60 yard long HD Television, not to generate any noise.
  10. Kaika

Kaika Have a Good Day Pilgrims

2,697 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Easy fix for JJ. Get all the rif raf ,and anyone else who you can get drunk easily:drunk:, hand out megaphones to a bunch of kids:clap: and let them in free of charge for a few home games.

Simple:shoot6:
  11. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

4,936 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    LOL that is the best!
  12. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,321 Messages
    17 Likes Received

I have been saying this for years! He is 100% right Deal with it
  13. astroturf

astroturf New Member

2 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm still waiting for the "diss".
  14. BlueStar3398

BlueStar3398 Active Member

1,542 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Troy tells the truth. Maybe coming from him, the fans will listen and start cheering on the team.

I have been to the games where people sitting next to me were carrying on a conversation and not watching the game.

Me and my friend were the loudest in sec 250 at the Bucs game. They gave us these cheap little white towels at the gate. We were slinging them around and looked at the people in front of us. It dropped little terry cloth balls all over the people below us.

There was a guy about 21 that stood up and was trying to get the crowd going. I was thinking that they needed a guy like that in every section.
  15. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You and I are quite similar in that regard. I was hoarse by half-time. On Monday night I straight up told the people behind me I will be standing on defense, so basically "deal with it" as Nice as possible. He said if people complained, they would just stand too. That is too rare in the mall
  16. MegaMagick

MegaMagick Active Member

6,336 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Yep, fans here in Dallas are usually casual frontrunners/bandwagon folks. Steelers, Ravens, Saints, Jets, Eagles etc fans are loud for their team win or lose. We have better crowds for our team in places like Seattle or Kansas City more so than Dalllas, which is sad.
  17. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,812 Messages
    1,076 Likes Received
    There are rabid fans in the DFW area, I can vouch for that. I cover high school sports, and trust me, they have rowdy fans. Apparently those fans don't attend the Cowboy games.
  18. MegaMagick

MegaMagick Active Member

6,336 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Well i mean if it's for their kid's high school club or their alma mater then that's expected. However you don't usually see the passion for professional clubs unless the club is winning see: Rangers for the past couple of years, Mavericks back in '06, '07.
  19. DallasJ7

DallasJ7 Active Member

469 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    it really is true. i remember dallas stars mania back in '99. now nobody gives a crap about them.
  20. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,029 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    They are a special case though.