1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Aikman go away!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Ben_n_austin, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Why does Troy Aikman have to announce every other Cowboys game. Clearly, he harbors some sort of resentment.

All the guy does is make under handed remarks and dis on the team.

I hate it when he calls the game.

:bang2:

Hater alert!
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,444 Messages
    3,715 Likes Received
    He is just being professional.

If you have ever listened to his show on the ticket you would hear a different person.

Plus he really likes Romo.
  3. Paniolo22

Paniolo22 Hawaiian Cowboy

3,608 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Aikman jinx at it's finest. 7-0
  4. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

6,241 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Aikman jinx....:mad: :mad:
  5. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,982 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    You guys are plain and simple, silly. As Aikman used to say, "Get real".

He calls it like it is. When he was saying Dallas was an inconsistent, .500 team, guess what? They were.

And if you have been paying attention he has been much higher on them the last couple of weeks.

Why?

Romo is playing well, Cowboys are playing better.

I swear I'll never understand a mindset that says, "if he tells us what we want to hear, we love him."

I don't want empty praise for our team, I want it to be deserved. Keep up the good work Troy!
  6. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received

No no no. That's not it. That's not what I'm talking about, at least.

I'm not hearing it much this game, because it's Thanksgiving and he's sounding jovial.. and like someone said, he likes Romo.

But in previous games, he's just seemed like his comments were personal.

I think he's a closet Eagles fan.
  7. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,982 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    He sounds more jovial and positive BECAUSE THEY ARE PLAYING BETTER. THEY HAVE WON 2 IN A ROW FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER. There is no hidden conspiracy/agenda.
  8. Paniolo22

Paniolo22 Hawaiian Cowboy

3,608 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I think he goes out of his way to NOT show his support for the Cowboys. When something goes well, he says nice things, when something goes wrong, he rips the crap out of the team, the coach, and the players. That is a fact.
  9. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,982 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    Alright, hear what you want. No sense debating it, people hear what they want to hear.
  10. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,303 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Aikman is fine, the goof next to him in the booth is the one who is annoying.

He said Owens dropped the ball but it never got to his hands. He was apoplectic when the Bucs went ahead and now is quiet as a mouse.

I hate Joe Buck.
  11. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I agree. And if he's going to be calling the boys' games, why does he have to sound like such a hater?

It stands to reason that if an ex-Cowboy were to call the game that he might just show a little discrete bias.

But NOOOOO....
  12. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,444 Messages
    3,715 Likes Received
    That is called being a professional and taking your job seriously unlike Irvin and Theeeesman.
  13. Dayton Cowboy

Dayton Cowboy Active Member

1,847 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I competely agree about Joe Buck. I hate him to call a game, it seems even worse when its a Cowboy game. I wish he'd go back and stick with baseball.
  14. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,819 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    Aikman made the greatest praise I have ever heard him bestow upon a player.

When Buck said Romo's No. 9 looked like Troy's No. 8, Troy said (paraphrase) that he wish Joe would be comparing his play, not his number, to Tony.
  15. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,388 Messages
    3,677 Likes Received
    Do we have to go through this every game he calls?

BTW it's 21-10 at the half. So much for the Aikman hex or jinx.
  16. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Terry Bradshaw does a good job of being a homer about his team and being sort of canny about it.

I'm actually putting my foot in my mouth a little bit now as Aikman is finally giving props to several aspects of the Cowboys team. I give him credit for this game. I hope that he continues to show some love for his old team, regardless of being "professional". That's what makes this game fun. You gotta have fun.

Just look at Romo!

How can you not say something nice about that guy?

I stand by my initial assesment, but I give Aikman credit for jumping back on the wagon as we look ahead to a 7-4 record.:)
  17. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,757 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    CCF is right. Buck says another TO drop and a perfect pass (even i could see the pass was way low) and then aikman who is not a big TO fan defends him by saying it is a poorly thown pass, which the replay clearly shows.
  18. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    the aikman haters are the ones who usally come across as the "homers". so we're not perfect - is he not allowed to talk about it?

geez people - you act as if anyone who says we have a flaw should be shot.
  19. bobtheflob

bobtheflob New Member

1,768 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why do we need another thread about this? Every time he calls a game someone on here has to complain about his "anti-Cowboy bias".

He's a good color guy. The best rught now IMO. He's done nothing but praise the Cowboys this game. He's been gaga over Romo all game and has had good things to say about the defense.
  20. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    aikman should call what he sees and feels. no more, no less. just because he's a former cowboy doesn't mean he's our cheerleader for life.