1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Aikman, Randy Moss, John Lynch on Cowboys

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 4, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,713 Messages
    6,481 Likes Received
    Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 39m
    Troy Aikman on the Dallas Cowboys: "They've got some pieces. But they got to stay healthy and they got to keep their quarterback upright."

Jimmy Johnson said he sincerely believed Cowboys were gonna make playoff run the last 3-4 years. "Ive been disappointed the last few years."

John Lynch said Bucs needed time to transition into Tampa 2: "You can only learn through trial and error and learning to trust the system."
    Lynch: Any time [Tampa2] has been great, its included a guy...in the middle...that just wrecks things. I'm not so sure [Cowboys] have that."

Randy Moss: "If Dallas could put it together and stay healthy, they'd be hard to stop. But that division could be on the health of RGIII."
  2. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,613 Messages
    1,434 Likes Received
    They all have good points.
  3. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Who did bears have at dt who was so special? We don't need to be the 2002 bucs John
    Little Jr likes this.
  4. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,927 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Not necessarily DT. probably meant Derrik Brooks.... Brian urlacher... just saying.
    jobberone likes this.
  5. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,955 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    No, he meant DT.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,284 Messages
    7,040 Likes Received
    Tommy Harris was pretty good in the middle there for 6-7 years in CHI.
  7. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,534 Messages
    2,220 Likes Received
    Yes he was.
  8. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Bears d was good the last two years. Don't tell me Henry Melton is THAT good. Hatcher just has to step his game up.
  9. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,379 Messages
    4,229 Likes Received
    You need a quick gap DT, rangy good to better Mike and a big time safety. That's what I see simply but you need more than that and the offenses know how to attack the Tampa 2. Don't know for sure what we will see and it will be complex enough I won't understand a lot of it anyway. Doesn't hurt for all the LBs to be fast and able to get to the ball.
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,284 Messages
    7,040 Likes Received
    I'm not too worried about our DTs, honestly. Lynch knows better than I do, but I think we'll have enough pressure on the QB, and I don't think we're going to get run on up the middle. We've got good personnel for this defense.
    blackbull likes this.
  11. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,034 Messages
    1,813 Likes Received
    They had Tommy Harris who went to the Pro Bowl in 2005, 2006, and 2007. He was a key lynchpin of the Bears team that went to the Superbowl.

295 lbs and ran a 4.68 fourty coming out of college.

More recently they've had Henry Melton who has 6 sacks in 2012 and 7 sacks the year before.
  12. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,851 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    Aikman said a week ago that he expects the Giants to make the playoffs. He should be on Francesa tomorrow talking about the game so I'll have to give a listen.
  13. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    Anytime the names Randy Moss and Dallas Cowboys are in the same sentence I just want to cry. Hopefully with 6 weeks to rest and heal Ratliff is rejuvenated to be our version of Warren Sapp.
  14. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,020 Messages
    5,048 Likes Received
    Quick or twitch quick? :D
  15. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,373 Messages
    981 Likes Received
    I agree. From running back at UT to dominant Dlineman? Come on Marinelli!
  16. Texas_Pete

Texas_Pete Well-Known Member

1,153 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    I agree with Lynch in that it may take time to really execute the Tampa 2. I'm sure they are just seeing what they can do with the current personnel and only scratching the surface of the capabilities of this scheme. However, I disagree with needing "someone in the middle" to wreck things. We don't necessarily need that. We need sure tacklers and I think we have that.
  17. The Natural

The Natural Benched

4,720 Messages
    1,488 Likes Received
    Is that the Randy Moss or the NFL network reporter Randy Moss?
  18. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,793 Messages
    1,180 Likes Received
    Seahawks seem to be doing ok without Sapp in the middle.
  19. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,533 Messages
    1,653 Likes Received
    He will be on the Ticket tomorrow morning also, starting his weekly segment with them. Use to be 7:55 CST but not sure it will be same time this year.
  20. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    It's the Randy Moss, Mr. Straight Cash Homie himself. Fox hired him about a month ago alongwith Ronde Barber and Urlacher.
    The Natural likes this.