1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

AJ Green 19 Targets

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dcjules, Nov 1, 2013.

1. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,613 Messages
    1,376 Likes Received
    I agree.
    BigStar likes this.
  2. Derinyar

Derinyar Well-Known Member

2,187 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    The goal should be to run your offensive game plan. You shouldn't force passes into one player to feed that player. If the throws are there you take them, if the throws aren't there you find where they should go.
  3. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,847 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    I don't know if those stats are true because I doubt we're 2nd in points but I don't have a problem with what the stats show. Stats always tell a different story. When you watch the games you see this team getting off to slow starts. You see them go on these scoring droughts. Its not a very good offense.
  4. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,613 Messages
    1,376 Likes Received
    Why would I bother to share stats that aren't true? Everything is easy to check and verify. The Cowboys 230 points is the second most in the league. They average 28.8 pts per game, which is 4th in the league.
  5. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,403 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    You've been sliced and diced in this thread right out of the gate... and now you want to talk about forcing Peterson with 8 in the box? Do you realize how awful that's turned out for the Vikings and how meaningless Peterson has been in games because they can't switch over to pass-first?

In the NFL defenses can take away certain plays and players...you have to be able to beat defenses a variety of ways.
  6. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,946 Messages
    1,732 Likes Received
    Richard Sherman isn't a shutdown corner but he is an elite corner. He is big and physical and causes turn-overs and helps in the run game, etc etc.

There are a number of ways to play corner in the NFL and be be successful. I'll use current or sure-fire future HOFers as examples:
    • Deion Sanders - GREAT pure Cover Corner. Not remotely physical. Such a good cover corner, his lack of physicality didn't matter.
    • Rod Woodson - Very good Cover Corner, Very Physical.
    • Charles Woodson - <Pretty> Good Cover Corner, Very Physical, however his best attribute was an absolute nose for the ball
    • Champ Bailer - Very Good Cover Corner -- Average at best in terms of physicality
    If I rated Revis and Sherman like that (not saying these guys are HOF bound)

Revis - Very good cover corner - Average physicality
    Sherman - Good cover corner -- average ball skill, Superior physicality due to his freakish size for CB
    BigStar likes this.
  7. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

15,016 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    Dalton had a 6.7 YPA, 4.1 ANYPA and 56.5 passer rating when targeting Green last night. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.
  8. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,847 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    I guess I misunderstood you because while they may be #2 in points there are some teams who have hit bye weeks......but either way 4th as a average is very solid. But with the eye test this is not a very good offense. Far too inconsistent and when its time to milk the clock or control the clock they can't do it. Thank goodness the inconsistent defense has generated turnovers this year.
  9. dcjules

dcjules Member

378 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I love how people break comments being discussed into individual segments to try and make a point??? If someone catches 5-6 balls in 1st qtr in one game and 6 in the other 7, does that mean everything is equal??? I get it you dont like Dez, cool,its your opinion....My opinion is we dont use him as effectively as we could!!! So stop being Garretts PR guy with the stats....we dont see it the same way...
  10. dcjules

dcjules Member

378 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    and at what point was the first throw??? 2nd qtr??? I guess that is when the lightbulb goes off in Garrett and Callahan's head....
  11. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,525 Messages
    972 Likes Received
    Nice stats!
  12. dcjules

dcjules Member

378 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Yes we are debating, and apparently not many agree with me on featuring Dez more!!! Insane indeed!!
  13. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

3,805 Messages
    1,514 Likes Received
    I remember the doubling the #1 WR seemed to follow him and PI friendly Kevin Smith at the other end initially in Dallas after the SB. But I do remember him singling up on premier WRs early in his career like you mention.
  14. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,472 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    I know 2 of the 3 ints were thrown to Sanu.
  15. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    then stop using stats to try and prove your point.
  16. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,071 Messages
    444 Likes Received
    First possession. I believe Romo tried to hit him on that short slant which they've had a hard time connecting on despite the many attempts.
  17. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,525 Messages
    972 Likes Received
    Regardless, I think Adam pretty much closed this thread out right there
    Muhast likes this.
  18. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

4,280 Messages
    398 Likes Received
    So I guess the OP wants 3 INTs and a Loss every week just so Dez can get his touches.
  19. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,508 Messages
    1,348 Likes Received
    Big deal if he was. You have to execute in all three phases if you want to give yourself a chance to win. When we begin to count on one area more than others, it creates an imbalance. Why do y'all think our 90's team was so successful? We executed in all three phases; leaving opponents no hope.
  20. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

1,876 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    Dogpile on the OP if it makes you feel good.

But forcing AP the rock got them 10 wins and a playoff birth last year. Why would they do anything different?