1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

AJ McCarron

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Sep 14, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,676 Messages
    1,493 Likes Received
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,676 Messages
    1,493 Likes Received
    I am starting to come around on Mc Carron a little bit. All he does is stay composed, make plays, and not make mistakes. He can definitely make the intermediate throw just fine. Granted he always had good O Line play but I could see a team taking him mid round and ending up with a productive player.
  3. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

4,266 Messages
    1,339 Likes Received
  4. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,098 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    Ehh he usually has all day to throw and gets a lot of his yards off of play action from Bama's dominant run game. He's just ok to me. Probably more of a backup or best case scenario of being a Chad Pennington type as a teams starting QB for a few year stretch.
  5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,564 Messages
    2,429 Likes Received
    I like him.
    But I see his ceiling as an ok NFL backup and his floor as never making it through an NFL camp.
  6. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,201 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    I like AJ. His OL play is not great this year. Three new starters so it will be interesting to see how he does.
  7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,047 Messages
    2,277 Likes Received
    He is in a perfect situation. I hate College QB's like this.

He's a backup or a bottom 4 starter at best.
  8. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,219 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    And then somebody like me will say in the right system the guy has leadership skills & would do fine. He plays smart.

I'm pretty sure he's really glad he's in the perfect system at Bama. It gives him a chance to do his job well which is guide the offense & score.