1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Alec Ogletree

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by IAmLegend, Jan 18, 2013.

1. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,887 Messages
    608 Likes Received
    The more I watch this kid, the more I like him. Obviously LB is not our most pressing need, but if he slides to 18 and is BPA, would you take him and go DL/OL in rounds 2-4? Or just stick to the game plan which I'm pretty sure is DL, OL, or S in the first 3 rounds. I doubt it happens, but a LB core of Lee, Carter, and Ogletree would be insane. I honestly think he'll rise up draft boards after the combine where he'll inevitably put up great #'s, but if he did slide, it's a possibility. Food for thought.

[youtube]24FvP-tyyTs[/youtube]
  2. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    BPA is the only way to have a successful draft. Reach for a need year after year, and you become a team like the Chiefs. So to answer your question, if Alec Ogletree is their when we are picking, and he's the top guy on your board, hell yeah you pick him.
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,717 Messages
    5,249 Likes Received
    There are very few players that would make me get away from a lineman at 18. Ogletree is one of them.
  4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,449 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    BPA, which means Ogletree if he's the one at that spot even though it may not be the most pressing need.
  5. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,942 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    He's a physical freak I'll admit that much... Some of those plays were unreal!
  6. CowboysYanksLakers

3,942 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    The more I look at this film the more I see his potential at safety....
  7. Tezz

Tezz Member

357 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    [youtube]Z7JXI_RQC7I[/youtube]

Because he is an athletic freak he might kill the combine and be drafted around Luke Kuechly range
  8. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    And that is why you have to take him if he's there. I can only imagine what an Ogletree, Lee Carter lineup could do.
  9. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,641 Messages
    1,110 Likes Received
    Ditto.
  10. Thatkidbob

Thatkidbob Member

337 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    He's definitely a hitter, and he would be great in run support, but everything I see from him makes me want Olgetree close the the line of scrimmage to maximize his effectiveness. Maybe he could be an in-the-box, Roy Williams kinda safety.
  11. CowboysYanksLakers

3,942 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    Yes indeed, an impact player!
  12. JeffInDC

JeffInDC Active Member

992 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    Why waste him at safety when he could be one hell of a SLB in the Tampa 2. Imagine a LB corp of:

WLB - Carter
    MLB - Lee
    SLB - Ogletree

This group (if healthy) could easily give the team 5-7 INT's, 6-8 sacks, and 250+ tackles. And, they would never have to come off the field.
  13. newnationcb

newnationcb Well-Known Member

2,416 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Yes they would. Even Patrick Willis comes off the field when Greenbay Goes 4 wide. That's the only downside I see about this pick.

I don't see him playing over Lee or Carter on 3rd downs so I hope he's not there when we pick. I'd rather have a lineman who plays all downs or one that could at least pass rush on 3rd downs.