1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Alex Albright should start at ILB rest of season..

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by fatboygixxer, Dec 17, 2012.

1. fatboygixxer

fatboygixxer Active Member

242 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    Yeah, even if Sims is healthy, really liked what I saw from him. He's athletic, instinctive,a great tackler, and he can cover. To top it all off, he can play pretty much anywhere on D.. Really been impressed with him since training camp.
  2. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,645 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    he should over connor. Connor and McCray are playing like bums.
  3. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Sims and Albright at ILB. Connor should only be used on obvious unning plays.
  4. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,269 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    I was shocked at how well Albright covered the flats.

Rainey is one of the fastest players in the league and by some miracle he was able to stay with him.
  5. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

921 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    Maybe not shocked, but yeah, he was pretty damn good.
  6. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,088 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Im down with Albright and Sims. Buy if we were not so beat up this year we could really make a run. One good offseason and we could be super talented next year.
  7. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,908 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    This is the mistake many of us fans make every year. You can't expect this team to pick up next year where they left off this year. It just simply doesn't work like that.
  8. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,675 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    Him and Sims should start
  9. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,638 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Well of course this is true, although I will say with another good offseason we have a chance to do it. It is hard to pick up where you left off the year before cause other teams make upgrades, get improvement from within, change coaches, schedule can become more difficult, etc.

But with another good offseason (easier said than done cause it would have to fall really good), this team really could make some real noise next year at the top of the NFC.
  10. Titleist

Titleist Active Member

566 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    Any chance Sims will be back for the NO game?
  11. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

5,935 Messages
    239 Likes Received
    If we shore up our OL and DL in the off-season, we should be good to go next year. We're set at corner. Clairborne, Carr, and Scandrick. I'd love to keep Jenkins but don't see how we possibly can. We're set at ILB. We're also set at OLB as long as we resign Spencer. If not, then we have a big hole to fill. We certainly could use help at safety, but then again, with all the injuries there we really don't know what we have right now. Church and Johnson??? We're good at TE and WR, although I wouldn't mind picking up another WR. We'll lose Felix, so we will need another RB, but our starter is obviously on the rooster.

Overall, we need to concentrate free agency and the draft on both lines and maybe a safety. The rest will be for depth.
  12. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,403 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    He looks much more comfortable at ILB which is odd as a former college DE. His athleticism shows much more at ILB. He IMO appeared stiff and slow in the past when playing OLB. Yesterday, that was not the case at all.
  13. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Albright should start alongside Sims, imo. I would absolutely LOVE our depth if we went into next season with Carter and Lee manning the starting ILB spots with Sims and Albright as the backups. Sick group there. Albright looks like the real deal and Sims shows why he was a first round pick.
  14. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

6,298 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    How fortunate are we to have Sims and Albright as depth on this team.
  15. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,956 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    Not sure I agree. This team in the past has collapsed in the face of an injury or two and the slightest bit of adversity paralyzed them. I don't see it with this team, meaning the culture is changing to go along with an already very talented young roster.
  16. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,547 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    I was so impressed with Albright the last two weeks that I think Dallas needs to find a way to keep him with 1st team next year. Wonder if he can slide outside to OLB and rush passer?
  17. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,432 Messages
    921 Likes Received
    Seems unlikely that he will be back just one week after a concussion
  18. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,080 Messages
    460 Likes Received
    I really like this kid, he makes plays!
  19. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I vote to give him 100 percent of Victor Butler's snaps starting yesterday.
  20. MissouriCowboy

MissouriCowboy Active Member

791 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    I like fact Dallas in using depth and staff might have backup talent at linebacker position. Really like too see Rob play more aggressive.