1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Alex Smith and Reggie Bush want out; let's explore this

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by GimmeTheBall!, Jan 28, 2013.

1. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,607 Messages
    588 Likes Received
    . . . or not.

But I could think of a lot worse fate than Smith or Bush. (Felix and Orton).

C'mon, these two represent upgrades, so don't pretend they do not.
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,367 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    If it were just from a talent perspective, I would not any issues with either of these players. However, it's also cap and I don't see either of these players being cheap.

For that reason, I just don't see it being a good move.
  3. kelc

kelc Member

119 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    And you think they will come to Dallas as backups,really.They would be upgrades, but they are going to want starter pay and they will get it somewhere else not in Dallas.
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,262 Messages
    1,835 Likes Received
    I agree with that in theory. But I'm going through the teams in my head trying to figure out where either of these guys would be brought in as starters.
    Not saying they couldn't start, just wondering who would bring them in as such.

Alex Smith: Jets? AZ? That may be it...and both are real longshots.
    Reggie Bush: Colts maybe? Jets? slim pickings for him too
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,704 Messages
    4,563 Likes Received
    Alex Smith to MIN makes a ton of sense to me. He's also got experience with Turner and might still be younger than this year's rookie in CLE. Not so sure he's an upgrade over Orton, anyway, honestly.

I actually like the idea of Bush in DAL, but I don't think it'll happen. I do think he's probably going to want more money even in a backup capacity than we're going to want to pay. I'd rather take a mid-round player and plug him in for the next four years, anyway.
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,729 Messages
    3,230 Likes Received
    Alex Smith is an upgrade over Orton?

Interesting.
  7. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,937 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    :lmao:

Let's trade for revis...now this.

You guys must really be losing it around here
  8. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,468 Messages
    1,438 Likes Received
    I don't think he would be close to Orton in regards to our team. If Romo goes down, I would trust Orton more than Alex back there. I am not saying one is better than the other, but Kyle seems like a better fit for this team.
  9. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,132 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    Is this actually an anti-Romo thread? Bush over Felix does make a little sense but Alex Smith is no Romo. Is Smith an upgrade to Orton?
  10. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,468 Messages
    1,438 Likes Received
    Not one person has mentioned Alex over Romo, not even insinuated.
  11. DFWJC

22,262 Messages
    1,835 Likes Received
    Ponder was playing very well down the stretch this year (maybe 3-4 games). I think his last game vs Green Bay he had 3 TDs and 0 ints and some crazy QB rating. I can't see them ditching him after only two seasons for only a slight upgrade.
    Been wrong before though.

If the price was right for Bush and he accepted a complementary role, I agree that he'd fit ok in Dallas.
  12. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,388 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I am not sure that Smith would be a starter anywhere besides on the Jets.

So surely it would be as a backup in Dallas.
  13. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Active Member

962 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Reggie Bush woud not be an upgrade over Felix. When healthy, Felix is the better RB imo.......
  14. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,388 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    haha. I have always said Bush was overrated, but certainly he is better than Felix. I don't even think it is close.
  15. DFWJC

22,262 Messages
    1,835 Likes Received
    Therein lies the problem. Reggie has been much more healthy the last two years than Felix. I'd be fine with neither, thank you.
  16. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,704 Messages
    4,563 Likes Received
    He had a great game against GB, and he did finish the year stronger than he'd been playing mid-season, but the guy cracked 200 yards in only 7 games all season, and had several games where the offense out rushed the passing game in terms of both yards *and* average/play. With that rushing game and an opportunistic defense, that's a team that could benefit from better QB play. (Though, they also need a starting-quality WR, and to retain Harvin).
  17. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,639 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Having a hard time understanding your typing, without your normal hillbillyomics posting style. But I would definitely take a flyer on Bush.
  18. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

4,940 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    I could see both in Arizona
  19. kelc

kelc Member

119 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I would love to see Bush in Dallas,but not for the money he will want.We have to fix OL first and foremost then pass rusher.Smith wants to be a starter not a backup.I wonder if Patriots would be interested in Bush,then need to get Brady some more weapons.
  20. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Active Member

990 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Smith played for one of the best defenses and offensive lines in football. It really doesn't get anymore QB friendly than San Fran. He will struggle anywhere he goes just because he's just not very good.

Imagine him behind our line. Scary huh?