1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Alex Smith

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by juck, Dec 30, 2012.

1. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Dude seems to have turned the corner. Our defense minus injuries is good. Build the Oline and Dline. Smith doesnt choke.
  2. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,020 Messages
    499 Likes Received
    As a Utah alumni, I love Smith, but he's just a guy at QB. He's not an upgrade at the position.
  3. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,472 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    How does he do with untouched pass rushers run right up the gut?
  4. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,967 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Absolutely not, you can't be serious. Tony Romo.
  5. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,210 Messages
    1,890 Likes Received
    After living in SF for a couple of years and being forced to watch Niner games, Alex is a horrible QB. He has the benefit of having a really good defense behind him and not required to carry a team.

If JJ brought him in over Romo, I would seriously reconsider my commitment to this team until he is no longer in charge.
  6. RastaRocket

5,967 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Niners = Jets 2.0

Might make a couple NFC Championship games but a game managing QB is just nothing I want to rely on.
  7. dalboy

dalboy one man wolf pack

1,087 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    You have the football IQ of a 5 year old. You don't build a O-line in a day or a single off season. Alex Smith is average at best and is no better than Trent Dilfer. SF has a great running game, 3 wrs that show up every week, one of the best receiving TE in the league, an O-line that can actually give a qb some time, and an actual head coach that can lead a team to victory. Other than Witten SF has us beat in every one of those categories. If Alex Smith was our qb we would finish up 3-13.
  8. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

2,007 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    That is a bad suggestion, and you are a bad person for suggesting it.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    your hatred of Romo is kind of amusing. As is your lack of football knowledge
  10. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    I honestly think the Oline played better last month of season. 2 pieces on that Oline and it would be good. Same on Dline. Alex Smith isnt flashy but he doesnt make awful choky mistakes like Romeo.
  11. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,280 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    No, he just checks down to a back at the first sign of defensive pressure. He's king of the "third and four, completion of three yards". Unless Smith is on a team with a superior run game and good to great OL, he's useless.
  12. RastaRocket

5,967 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Exactly what Romo did on his last pick. Check down under pressure but they got him.
  13. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,109 Messages
    4,436 Likes Received
    STOP

Seriously

STOP.