1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

All Hell Breaking Loose Right Now.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by ologan, Apr 27, 2011.

1. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,639 Messages
    167 Likes Received
    My thoughts and prayers to the good folks of Tuscaloosa and Birmingham. Right now I am listening to the police scanner to the reports of the tornados going thru my town of Clayton Georgia,right now. Police stations on fire,destroyed houses,too many trees down to count. Guess I'll be out at first light with my chain saw helping where ever I can.
    The wind is picking up pretty good right now. Hope the power stays on.
  2. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,697 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    I am currently in SE Tennessee on business and it has been bad... power out at the hotel and some intense weather. I am on my last bit of battery here...

Keep these folks in your prayers... it's brutal here right now...
  3. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,639 Messages
    167 Likes Received
    Stay safe,Trick. The draft is less than a day away.
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,797 Messages
    1,600 Likes Received
    Good on a ya, man.

Stay safe.
  5. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Stay safe man, i'll be praying for ya and everyone in the region down there. Really crazy stuff going on the past year as far as all these storms and natural disasters. Unreal.
  6. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,639 Messages
    167 Likes Received
    Another tornado moving thru the southern end of the county right now,about 9 miles south of us.
  7. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Keep checking in to let us know how you're doing man.. im suprised you still have power.
  8. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Anger is a Gift

3,267 Messages
    10 Likes Received
  9. bracey

bracey Active Member

929 Messages
    35 Likes Received
  10. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    HOLY ****! :eek:

Not smart would be a gross understatement. Obscenely lucky? Darwin Award candidate?

That close to an F4 in an unprotected vehicle??? History Channel or Nat Geo just ran the special on the F5 that went through Oklahoma City a few years back. Not a single car in one high school's parking lot was drivable. Not a window remained in any of them, and they had horses in their parking lot from a ranch about a mile and a half away.

Think about that for a minute, a horse, as flying debris.

They showed one lady going into the emergency room with a chunk of 2x4 maybe 18-24" long sticking out of her neck.

Sheer stupidity to get that close to one.

Hope everyone in this thread made it through the night safe as well as everyone they know and care about. The nights can drag on ad infinitum when you're worried sick about someone you know.
  11. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,583 Messages
    9 Likes Received
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,134 Messages
    1,313 Likes Received
  13. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,136 Messages
    2,737 Likes Received
    Keep those folks in your prayers. A bunch of people lost their lives and others who made it lost every they owned.
  14. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,461 Messages
    1,956 Likes Received
    Tuscaloosa is terrible. Trees are stripped bare and buildings are absolutely leveled... Looks like OKC in 1998, or my town when I was a kid. Just one of those rare times when an EF4-5 hits a populated area.
  15. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,875 Messages
    11 Likes Received
  16. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Dun't Wurreh bout me, I'm fine.
  17. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

I know that most in the region are probably helping out with the clean up right now, and im still praying for everyone down there, but guys like ologan, if you get a chance just pop in quick to let us know you're ok.
  18. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,130 Messages
    1,286 Likes Received
    I was in Asheville North Carolina last night, trying to fly home and I will tell you that I figured there would be twisters but I didn't know exactly where. The weather was Warm and muggy, then the temps dropped and the wind died to nothing. I was watching the wind socks from the terminal and I could see them go from a steady gust to flat still. I knew that there was a very good chance. They cxld 5 flights immediately and I was screwed. I finally managed to get a flight out about 5 hours later but we were on the tail of that front and it was pretty bumpy. Not good.
  19. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,370 Messages
    1,715 Likes Received
    The temperature and wind drop always makes me nauseous. One of my biggest fears in the world is tornadoes.
  20. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,639 Messages
    167 Likes Received
    Thanks for all's concern. We were extremely lucky in that we didn't lose any of our citizens. First light showed not much damage till you got to Mountain City,a few miles north. Lot's of home damage,trees down,power lines everywhere. One of our friends near there heard it coming,but evidently was spared when the tornado ran into Black Rock mountain,which they are just off of. It skipped over them and hit mountain City.
    One elderly couple that work the local flea market,and are known to all,lost their home,and found out later that he lost his brother in a tornado in Alabama.