1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

All you that want Joe D gone might get your wish

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,768 Messages
    3,757 Likes Received
    DeCamillis is a good coach, people, and he's proven it over the course of a long career.

Sometimes, it really is possible for a unit to underperform for a reason that's not entirely on the unit coach.

That said, I wouldn't be shocked to see DeCamillis exit gracefully after the season is over in a few weeks.
  2. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

5,808 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Yea I was Joe D's biggest critic earlier in the season because not only was his unit not contributing but it was simply COSTING us games. But since he's gotten better players at punt returner and on his special teams unit he's unit has done its job. Its been real good actually. I thought people were over the "Joe D" sucks attitude but I guess not.
  3. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,481 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    Yes I have, I've also watched the last 16 years... This means nothing as they have done this before. I also watche 13-3 in 2007, didn't amount to much in the end.
  4. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,850 Messages
    568 Likes Received
    You really think that ST is super easy?

It must be the case then that, being that easy, it is all about the quality of the players you have then.

Do you see how you have totally defeated your own argument?
  5. AbeBeta

24,850 Messages
    568 Likes Received
    Someone gets it.

The big issue with ST is that you have no real control over the unit. For example, Phillip Tanner was absolutely stinking on punt protection. However, with Murray out, he's playing and you just don't have the roster spots to replace him on that unit. So you are stuck with him. You coaching him over and over on the assignment and he screws it up multiple times resulting in terrible punts.

Oh yeah. Was Tanner inactive lately because of that? No, more likely it was because we now have 3 healthy RBs.
  6. AbeBeta

24,850 Messages
    568 Likes Received
    Belichick was a ST coach. He has talked about how that was important in learning how to deal with guys on both offense and defense (he started coaching offense, did ST, then moved to D). Marv Levy also was a ST coach.
  7. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I think special teams have been better lately, with the exception of Moorman struggling with directional punting at times.