1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Am I the only one NOT worried about the OL?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dcstands4, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Boom

Boom Just Dez It

899 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    Rhubarb likes this.
  2. djmajestik

djmajestik Member

957 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Are you at all concerned though with RG? I think either Bern or Costa will not be any help to Free/Parnell and I personally believe that they need some help over there on the right side. Be nice if we had a RG that was good enough to help out some to at least make Free/Parnell serviceable.
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,607 Messages
    1,568 Likes Received
    feel kind of sorry for the OP. Kind of led with his chin
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,904 Messages
    4,262 Likes Received
    Hmm...This offensive line has had problems for many years now and it was not just injuries last year that was why it was bad as that would be a one year thing.

I don't know about being worried about the line. As @Hoofbite stated, if you go into the season with low expectations of the Oline than you have to hope that they exceed your expectations even if exceeding it just means they are average.
  5. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,540 Messages
    3,828 Likes Received
    I'm worried more than a little and less than a lot. Do I get a star?
  6. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,306 Messages
    4,842 Likes Received
    If you could assure that everyone is healthy, then I believe that they can put together a decent OLine.
  7. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,446 Messages
    396 Likes Received
    I think I like fact that some of today's youth are optimistic about the future despite all the evidence to the contrary. No sense in being depressed now AND then, just wait until 'then' happens, then you can be sad. Gotta love those cockeyed optimists. :)
  8. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,459 Messages
    2,071 Likes Received
    nope, you and jerry are in that foxhole together
  9. phildadon86

phildadon86 Active Member

385 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    I am extremely worried about the OL. We are one injury away from being back to the same line as last year. If Frederick goes down because he is covering for someone else's mistake or something stupid, then what? Not to mention, Romo the 108 Million dollar man is behind a line that could barely protect him last year. One upgrade is not enough. Just my opinion
  10. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,098 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    How can we not worry about the oline. I am happy with the first round selection, but we were bad at both guard positions and right tackle. One guy can't play all three spots. It is very concerning that we are even thinking about heading into this season with Free at RT. He is a back up at best. I am surprised that we didn't address RT in FA. Maybe that is still a plan, but I think there is slim pickings out there right now.
  11. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

623 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    This for sure. They we're bad last year and that is basically all that we have to go on besides hoping/wishing that they improve with another year under their belt. No proof yet that Fredrick is the real deal but he should make us better considering how poor our interior line was. Everyone's putting Smith in the next Pro Bowl but he wasn't a major standout and got his lunch handed to him by the better pass rushers like JPP, but he did settle in late in the season. The rest of the line is a crap shoot protecting our biggest asset with the biggest contract. We'll see in a few months.
  12. jaybird

jaybird Active Member

679 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    You, Orakpo, Kerrigan and Usi thats about it. Everyone in Cowboys Nation is worried. Silly post 2nd only to that ridculous RKG/Hernandez post.
  13. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,070 Messages
    2,858 Likes Received
    I think OL is a concern, I do think it will be better than last season but how much better we will have to wait and see.
  14. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,497 Messages
    6,222 Likes Received
    To the OPs point, though, the worry over our OL is way overboard for the concern it actually merits. It's still an area of obvious personnel weakness.
  15. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,464 Messages
    398 Likes Received
    Probably not the only one but it's okay because you're a Fan and everyone has faults.

Even Michael Jenkins wearing #31.
  16. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I'm not that worried. We have talented groups all over this team.

And every team has weaknesses these days. If we didn't have it at OL it would be somewhere else. We still have plenty of talent overall to win.
  17. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,497 Messages
    6,222 Likes Received
    I think this is exactly right. Talent should not be an excuse for this team winning or losing games. And it shouldn't have been last year, either, frankly. We have decent talent right now.
  18. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,507 Messages
    824 Likes Received
    Quick response without looking at any reply past the opening one, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, you are the only one not worried...You'd have to be insane, or just woke up from a 17 year coma not to be worried about this OL....We have ONE guy that would start for any contending team in the NFL on our line. We have an unproven rookie who should be good, but there is no way you can count on him this early in his career. You have two hurt guards who weren't good enough to be second teamers on contending teams when they were healthy. You have Doug Free, who hmmmmmm, is freekin Doug Free and has taken on the title of most hated current Cowboy player. Then you have Costa. He's had ONE good game in his entire life. The OL should have been addressed ten times more than it was. It's a dang shame that it wasn't. We are sooooo deep at the skill positions, and if our defense stays healthy they could be reallllllly good. The OL will determine where this team go's this year. They could be the difference between a 11-5 team and a 7-9 team...SUCKS!!!
  19. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,851 Messages
    983 Likes Received
    Other than Smith, no one is consistently reliable or proven so, yes, I am concerned.
  20. dcstands4

dcstands4 Active Member

651 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    I don't understand why yall all think we need to have HOF at every position. You need 2 or 3 good lineman to make a good line. Do I think we have 3 good players, no not yet. Do I think we have two; yes Smith and Frederick. The reason why I'm high on Frederick is because he's taken it over and he is a guy that already knows his immediate coach, meaning a lot less to learn than an average rookie. Now all we need is someone to be serviceable with Free. I don't like Free, but since he became "jerrys guy" he has been slowly getting better. He's not going to the pro bowl or nothing. But he can be serviceable. 2 serviceable guys with Smith and Frederick and whoever gets tossed in there at the other Guard spot will be better than last year.