1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

America’s 10 Most Popular Dog

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Doomsday101, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,946 Messages
    3,452 Likes Received
  2. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Personally, I love my Jack Russell. But all dogs are cool.

[youtube]GF06YztsRDU[/youtube]
  3. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,356 Messages
    613 Likes Received
    I got a Jack too. Smartest dog I've ever owned. Closest thing you'll get to a kid, IMO. My only beef is the shedding. I'm completely suprised he has any fur left.

Surprised there are not a Bernese Mountain dog in the list.

Gonna be my next dog
  4. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,452 Likes Received
    Sorry Jack Russell not on the list you are not an American. :laugh2:

Kidding, Jack Russell are very cool dogs, bit high energy but cool. My aunt has one and his favorite toy is a ball that is 4 times his size. :laugh2:
  5. AmarilloCowboyFan

AmarilloCowboyFan Well-Known Member

2,414 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    I agree with the Lab being number 1. My Chocolate is the best dog I've ever had. Then I have a Bassett that is just about the dumbest thing on the planet. LOL
  6. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Aw, bro.. The thoughts behind his eyes. He's not only smart, but he's emotionally intelligent too. I actually have joint custody of him. But it's something the ex and I weren't willing to part with or risk losing altogether. I get him every other week. I love the little booger. He does shed and my lady friend is allergic, but she has cats. So it's a wash.

Man, Jack Russells are so cool. I got mine from the pound. He is definitely jack, but I think he has a smidgen of rat terrier in him too.

Either way, I love Jack Russells.
  7. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    That's what my dog is doing. Chasing the dang yoga ball. LOL. It's 5 times his size. He loves it. He's a trip at the dog park and a big rock star out there too. :)
  8. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,452 Likes Received
    I got the #4 dog the Golden this is my 4th Golden I have owned and really love the breed. However being a dog person I like all makes and models :laugh2:

They seem to like me as well. A buddy of my has a Rottweiler and everyone thinks he is mean and aggressive but he likes me. I think the fact that I don't show fear towards him may be the reason.
  9. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,452 Likes Received
    It is funny watching them go after the ball that is so much bigger than themselfs.
  10. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,867 Messages
    2,645 Likes Received
    I like mutts.
  11. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,851 Messages
    564 Likes Received
    I have two #7's(Levi and Lexi) and a pit(Cane).

Would not trade them for anything.

They keep me in shape too, love to run/wrestle and play frisbee at the park.

When i'm doing the Kenpo disc on P90x they will just stand up boxing at me.
  12. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,918 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    i have a boston. I prefer smushy face dogs. The boyfriend wants to get a pembroke welsh corgi one day.
  13. DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy Well-Known Member

5,410 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    I have a yellow lab. Awesome dog.
  14. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Cutest dog ever

[IMG]
  15. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,457 Messages
    2,849 Likes Received
    I'm partial to Jacks myself (actually, Parson Russell Terriers I've learned -- the long-legged variety of the breed).

My old guy (Dallas) is old though. He's not himself anymore now that he's hard of hearing. It's sad, he used to be all the way live all the time.

If I get another dog in the future, he'd be a PRT.
  16. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy Zone Supporter

3,014 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    We have a Yorkshire Terrier (#5) (actually my wife has the Yorky and I’m only along for the ride). I hated getting her at first because I thought the dog was too "girly", but she is an awesome dog, and I’ve grown very fond of her. Since she is a Terrier breed she has no problem going after the squirrels and ducks in my yard. I have no idea how she sees them but when I let her out she is on the attack immediately. She is fiercely loyal and will follow you around obediently, but she isn’t a lap dog. She’ll lie close to you but isn’t one to get on your lap. I like that.

Dogs are just so cool.
  17. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I still want a boxer.
  18. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I know. I first discovered this favorite thing of his when I was at Barton Springs Pool. He took off running after a group of girls in bikinis. He we straight for the beach ball and it was so funny i had to keep getting him large toys.
  19. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Sad. But I had a Jack named Dallas too. My other one was named Cowboy. Both are gone, sadly. But they were good dogs while they were here.
  20. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,808 Messages
    4,883 Likes Received
    Not surprised it did not make the list, but Sheltie's are just down right cool.