1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

American Idol season 8

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by kristie, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,056 Messages
    2,973 Likes Received
    My gut feeling that Adam blew it turns out to be true. 3 ballads was too safe.

By far the best final show they have ever had.

Highlight of the night to me, was Kara Dioguardi absolutely pimp slapping Bikini Girl. I guarantee I will watch that on youtube over and over. She had no idea Kara was going to not only sing with her but make her look stupid too. Ryan actually made me laugh too. "I was going to ask you what's new but it's obvious." Boob job!

A close 2nd was Adam singing with Kiss. Whether you liked Adam or not, that was very cool.

Kris is such a likable guy. Loved seeing him breaking down with his wife at the end. First married Idol winner. I hope he goes to country music. I am encouraged that he sang with Keith Urban. Great duet BTW.
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,042 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    What I'm thinking is that if it was very close between Adam and Kris when there were three left, it might not have even been close at all when it was just the two of them.

The reason being that the majority of the Gokey voters would have split to Kris, rather than Adam. So Adam may not have had the chance to "blow it." Typically when it's a close vote, Ryan says as much. He didn't even mention it being close tonight.

I think Adam looked better tonight, but that was in large part because they were singing songs perfectly suited for him -- having Kris and Adam sing Queen together? That's not fair at all.
  3. Hostile

119,056 Messages
    2,973 Likes Received
    My wife said basically the same thing.
  4. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,613 Messages
    130 Likes Received

*happily dances around the room* :D
  5. Q_the_man

Q_the_man Active Member

2,337 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Gay or not, Adam brought it week in and week out, Chris is good but Adam can sing any song, really doesn't matter, the winner normally has good careers while the runner ups normally has just as good careers.

For Example... Clay, Jennifer Hudson, Chris Daughtry. I think both will have good careers, I just think Adam will be better....

BTW the reason why they had close to 100 million votes is because you can vote 1000 time in 4 hours..... Just think if a call center donates 4 hours on an automatic Dailer for their favorite singer no way the other contestant can win...
  6. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,698 Messages
    726 Likes Received
  7. xout

xout Believer

487 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Kris is the more marketable pop star. Yeah, I think Lambert is an amazing entertainer, but Allen is the true artist. Allen was able to turn any song into his own, while Lambert seemed to just be acting his way into each song (with the exception of Ring of Fire, his version was brilliant)

Both will have great careers. If Lambert can tone down his flaming personality he will find a home in rock somewhere. Hell - he can front a Queen reunion tour. If not - he can always go back to broadway and continue to shine there.

Kris will have a huge career as I think he can be marketed in anyway he wants to be. He could sing country - he can sing pop rock, and he can even pull off r&b. He's a true musician/artist and will be successfull.
  8. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I had no idea Kara did that. I was watching the basketball game. That was great. Kara showed her up in every way. :laugh2:
  9. Hostile

119,056 Messages
    2,973 Likes Received
    It was hilarious.
  10. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I found a youtube video but it was poor quality.
  11. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    Congrats to Kris, he was breaking through as the best artist in this competition since the top five, so this was not as big a surprise as the judges hyped it up to be. I was almost hoping he would lose after Tuesday night because that song Kara wrote is pretty wretched and I don't want to see him (or anyone else) sing it again.

Good luck to all of the top five, there was a lot of talent this year that could show up on the charts if they get good management and stick to their genre of music.
  12. FloridaRob

FloridaRob Well-Known Member

1,454 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    Kris is the 1st married person to win the competition. He is also a pretty good Kid. He has taken several mission trips for his church and is the Worship Leader at his church. I hope he goes a long way. Nice guys don't always have to finish last. Plus the kid is really talented in arranging songs his way.
  13. DCgirl13

DCgirl13 New Member

380 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yay, I'm so happy for Kris. I was shocked! :p:

And dang, Kara can sing really well!
  14. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    My wife was talking to my 10 year old niece when it was announced. She said it was bogus. :laugh2:
  15. theogt

44,042 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    Yeah that was 100% pure Grade A entertainment.

She needs to tan, though. :)
  16. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Nah she looks good the way she is.
  17. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    Krusty White and Tight (body)! That's a good way to go through life right there.
  18. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Better than looking orange from too many trips to the tanning bed :laugh2:
  19. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    I believe the orange comes from using those fake tan lotions heh. That is some nasty stuff. Skin that looks like a prune comes from tanning beds.
  20. theogt

44,042 Messages
    1,157 Likes Received
    There's a happy medium somewhere -- we had both extremes last night.