1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

An informal survey: Is Romo closer to Aikman or to White?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by GimmeTheBall!, Feb 25, 2013.

1. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,426 Messages
    2,279 Likes Received
    This is brilliant. It tells the truth in a dispassionate way that reveals why the argument continues week after week, month after month, and year after year with Romo.

Does he have the ability to win it all.

I think so.

Has the team been not all that at times which was more than he could overcome?

Absolutely.

Did he have the best team in the NFC once and failed to guide them to the championship?

Yes.

Do people try and make excuses for that game by blaming others.

As certain as water is wet and the sun rises in the east.

Like the kid. Like to see a better team around him.

But it is to the point that I sit expecting the other shoe to drop at the end of every season. No matter how many heroics he does leading up to the come big or go home game.

Just like I expect the excuses that will continually be offered in his defense.

Because with Romo, it is never his fault.
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,578 Messages
    9,730 Likes Received
    I think it is absolutely ridiculous to hang anything on Romo when you really consider the hand he's been dealt here.

I'm not saying he's without fault and that he's the perfect QB, but he's so far down the pecking order of blame that he isn't worth mentioning. There isn't a QB in the league today that can win with this team.
  3. Sandman

Sandman Member

234 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I would say he is closer to Dirty Sanchez than either...
  4. Sandman

Sandman Member

234 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Amen, we all have been making excuses for him to long..He is not going to win a championship, time to move on...
  5. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,474 Messages
    2,894 Likes Received
    Well Ware has not won us a Championship either, so I guess it is time to move on from him as well.

Come to think of it, Witten has not won us a championship either. Time to move on from him as well.

Have we even made the playoffs with Dez on the roster or Sean Lee for that matter? Time to move on from that dead wood as well.

How about Tyron Smith, havent even sniffed a division title with this guy blocking. Best thing to do is ditch him while he still has some value.

IF WINNING A CHAMPIONSHIP IS THE CRITERIA WE ARE USING TO KEEP ROMO, THEN ALOT OF OTHER PLAYERS WILL BE JOINING ROMO GOING OUT THE DOOR.
  6. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,372 Messages
    847 Likes Received
    I dont think he will either, in my heart of hearts.
    Trouble is, he could but his defense sucks and his o line sucks. And the running game has not been impressive.
    By the time we can really rebuild Tony will be 35. Not a pretty sight.

good night one and all and good luck to one and alls.