1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

An interesting tweet

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by BritishBoysfan, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,771 Messages
    726 Likes Received
    Yeah, I'm guessing pass rusher is Cox and Barron/Kirkpatrick are secondary help. I wonder then, does that mean if we go one way in first round, does that mean we're looking for the other in the second?
  2. jamesdojr

jamesdojr Member

650 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    We may see some arm bars, kimuras, and triangle chokes in the Cowboys War Room if Cox, DeCastro, and Barron are all there at #14.

3. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,549 Messages
    1,728 Likes Received
    I think you can find a quality interior OL, especially in this draft, outside of Round 1.

For example give me a Barron / Zeitler combo over Decastro / Harrison Smith
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,523 Messages
    2,211 Likes Received
    That was exactly what I was thinking.

Jerry doesn't like Jenkins but Spencer is okay because Spencer doesn't rock the boat.

Stephen wants the better player and wants to upgrade the weaker position.

Gunfight at high noon.
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,523 Messages
    2,211 Likes Received
    I honestly wouldn't have a problem with Barron.

I would have a problem with most of the OLBs who are projected to be there.

I think you have to address a need when you have so many players who fit the different needs.

S, DL and OL have to be the pick.
  6. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,549 Messages
    1,728 Likes Received
    Im kind of the same way.

When the draft process started I was all about getting another OLB but I really think we need DL, DB, and interior OL in that order.
  7. JeffInDC

JeffInDC Well-Known Member

1,000 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Agreed. Cox is definitely a "potential" pass-rushing 5T, but Ingram (or even McLellin, Curry, & Irvin) are all proven pass rushers.
  8. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,528 Messages
    1,302 Likes Received

that would be a great problem to have and I may want to trade with the Jets to get our pick @ #14 for their #16...they may want Floyd if he is there so at least two of these 3 could still be there
  9. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,756 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    My thought exactly. I'm with not trading up and letting the draft come to us.

There's always a player who was thought to go in the top 10 falling to 11-15.

There's always a guy thought to go in the middle rounds falling between picks 32-50.

Rather bump the 2nd rounder up than the 1st rounder if that's what we're going to do. There will be a pass rusher or a very good o-lineman worth moving up for near the top of the 2nd.
  10. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,233 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Why would Tom not have a say?
  11. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,197 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    That's my point. The original tweet is premised on the idea that Jerry, Stephen, and JG each get one equal vote. I think that's a silly understanding of how a front office makes decisions.
  12. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,435 Messages
    1,456 Likes Received

Whenever I hear someone talk about Value I want to puke.

You get the best players PERIOD. Yeah good players are available in rds 2 and on. But your best bets and safest picks are in Rd 1. Why pass up the best player in the DRAFT at a position of NEED?
  13. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,565 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    you're not getting zeitler at #45. he's going to be gone by then.
  14. a_minimalist

4,565 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    i agree with this and decastro will always be the bpa.
  15. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,792 Messages
    5,502 Likes Received
    Nobody's talking about it too much, but I could live with CB in the first, if it's the right player.
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,549 Messages
    1,728 Likes Received
    Yeah I know. Everyone is going to be gone by 45.
  17. a_minimalist

4,565 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    i don't know about everyone but the idea that we can draft barron then have our pick between konz and zeitler doesn't seem possible. i keep seeing both go in the late 1st. which sucks because barron/zeitler would be a serious first two rounds.
  18. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,549 Messages
    1,728 Likes Received
    Somebody has got to slide to our 45th pick. I don't know who but there will be reaches and there will be some guys thought of as 1st rounders who will be there when we pick. It happens every year.
  19. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,820 Messages
    668 Likes Received
    Nobody's going to pay Jenkins $10 million per year, unless he just blows up this season. He would get something along the lines of Scandrick's contract, which is essentially peanuts for a starting CB.
  20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,549 Messages
    1,728 Likes Received
    We just gave Carr 10 mill a year. Jenkins will get that. Especially now that teams have to spend a certain amount of cap money.