1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

And out rolls a 527 group...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Heisenberg, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,083 Messages
    379 Likes Received
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,322 Messages
    4,650 Likes Received
    I hate the 527's.

Have also read that there has been a push poll thing going similar to the push poll rove used back in the day.
  3. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,083 Messages
    379 Likes Received
    Yup. It's targetting Jewish voters in Florida. It's being run by a GOP Jewish group I believe I read.
  4. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  5. BrAinPaiNt

61,322 Messages
    4,650 Likes Received
    :laugh2: If you won't vote for me...I will shoot you. :p:
  6. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,943 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    It's not true in the sense they are presenting it...

We had a whole thread on this and a couple of our members from Alaska explained it well...

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126655

McCain is the main reason that 527's exist, so he has no one to blame but himself...
  7. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Hopefully she can pick up the moose vote.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    It's cool. Jack Nicholson was probably going to vote for Obama anyway.

[IMG]
  9. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
  10. NinePointOh

NinePointOh Well-Known Member

1,541 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Exactly what from that ad was a lie? Nobody's claiming that she didn't do what the ad claims, and nobody's claiming that the ad's depiction of aerial hunting is inaccurate. The defense made in the linked thread is that wolf hunting is necessary to manage various animal populations, but that really misses the entire point of the ad. The animal rights group isn't concerned with whether or not Alaska allows wolf hunting in general, but rather with a particular method they find cruel and inhumane. Now, if after watching the ad and conducting your own research, you disagree and don't have a problem with the method, then so be it -- but that's a personal judgment call.

Also, there's also the whole issue of lumping everyone who opposes McCain into the "Obama camp" group. I'm not sure that's a road you want to go down if the tables are turned and the "McCain camp" can be blamed for the words and actions of everyone who opposes Obama.
  11. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    i'm not gonna play clinton word games dude. all i'm saying is both sides are full of manure most of the time and both sides live to slam the other. i just tire of obama's "well that side is just being silly now" or "how dare they lie!"? when they're busy doing the same damn thing.
  12. BrAinPaiNt

61,322 Messages
    4,650 Likes Received
    I should not be bothered by either really, as it has become so common.

But the silliness seems to really get on my nerves anymore, even more than the lies.

I mean the paris ad, sending out tire gages with Obama's energy plan on them.

Uggh.

I tell you what. I would love to have the money spent on those two things alone. Or how about taking the money from those two things alone and investing it in some care packages for the troops overseas.

Not saying Obama is innocent of some silly things but I honestly have not seen him do something as silly as those two things. Was frankly shocked that McCain would let those go through. Have to say he let the ads go through because the candidates always say...I'm (insert name here) and I approve of this message.
    I hope he ripped his campaign for the tire gage thing though.
  13. NinePointOh

NinePointOh Well-Known Member

1,541 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    I guess I don't see what problem you have with the ad, other than the fact that it's negative, but negativity's not really what Obama's been complaining about.
  14. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    because both sides are lying all over the place. i find it odd they call it out and say HOW DARE THEY! then turn around and lie themselves to get even.

i hate the viscious cycle, that's all.
  15. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I thought it was a pro-Palin ad.

Personally, I'm concerned about wolf-attacks. Wolves are scary, and I,for one, am glad Palin's looking out for the safety of my family.

Go Palin! Boo Wolves!