1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

And The Cradle Will Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Hostile, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,416 Messages
    1,458 Likes Received
    Okay, I am convinced of a couple of things in this Draft. First, I believe we are absolutely looking to trade down and add picks. Second, I think Center is the number 1 target, but with Konz rating around the 45 mark we may roll the dice that he lasts until then.

What about Garrett at Bama? I do think we like Barron, but not at 14. If we can't trade down I think we do draft DeCastro and probably move him to Center and pass on Konz.

Yes burm, I know he may die.

I feel obligated to say that any time I mention Konz.

I am projecting a trade with Cleveland who covets Tannehill. Their 22 pick and their 37 pick for #14.

#22. Mark Barron, SS, Alabama, 6'1", 213. I don't know what this means for recently signed Brodney Pool. That is why I have tended to doubt the supposed interest in Barron, but reports of his ball skills and run support tackling lead me to believe we are going to address Safety if we can.

#37. Peter Konz, C, Winsconsin, 6'4", 315. Starts day 1. My only question on passing on DeCastro is this, if Livings and Bernadeau are not the 2nd coming of the find we had in Kyle Kosier, who is the top Guard in 2013? Frankly I do not see a better interior OL pro prospect than DeCastro. If we pass on him it is going to be worse than passing on Randy Moss. Konz is a great consolation prize.

#45. Bruce Irvin, OLB, West Virginia, 6'3", 245. I prefer DL and Jared Crick. But I think Irvin is the only real pass rushing freak in this draft and if he falls to us at 45 we're going to take him and bookend him with Ware on Passing downs.

#81. LaMichael James, RB/KR/PR, Oregon, 5'8", 195. I like Phillip Tanner, but we need our 3rd RB to be a return guy. In the open field James is electric. This move could potentially be one of our biggest in this Draft simply by virtue of the field position he can provide. If we need him to be a feature back due to injury, he is tough enough to give us those games. If we need him to spell Felix as the transition back due to injury, he is versatile.

#113. Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma, 5'10", 192.
    Point blank saying it, if we reach for him I am not going to gripe. This kid is the most suited slot WR in this draft and a perfect fit for our Offense. He has great hands and he moves the chains.

#135. Brian Anger, P, California, 6'4", 208. I hate doing this, but with a non tradeable Compensatory pick I do not mind a dice roll. Anger is going to be a better Punter than McBriar one day. In fact he's probably going to be better than the kid in San Fran. It doesn't matter how deep you pin him, he will pin you back just as deep. Major League leg on this kid. The ball explodes off his foot. I hope McBriar comes back 100% and re-signs, but until he does, this guy is a solid alternative option.

#152. Tank Carder, ILB, TCU, 6'3", 235. We need ILB depth and special teams attitude. Carder plays football like you stole something from him and it will make him a value to some team if nothing else to push the starters. A natural leader with outstanding motor.

#186. Hebron Fangupo, NT, BYU, 6'1", 325. I think this kid is going to be the steal of this draft for some team. He is a mammoth in the middle who stuffs the run and never stops. He is flying way under the radar and shouldn't be. Put on the film and he jumps out at you. The pile moves, he's the bulldozer moving it. A RB hits a hole and stops dead in his tracks, chances are he ran right into this massive man.

#222. Nick Foles, QB, Arizona, 6'5", 245. My homer pick keeps dropping but I honestly believe he can start in the NFL once groomed. He is accurate and he has a big arm. He is strong, and is hard to bring down. Mostly, he leads. Sam Garza watched every game he played this year. I believe he knows what he wants.

UDFA's based upon CBS rankings that are beyond the 253rd pick.

Donte Paige-Moss, OLB, North Carolina
    Nicholas Jean-Baptiste, NT, Baylor
    Brian Linthicum, TE, Michigan State

..and down will come baby, cradle and all.
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,590 Messages
    1,916 Likes Received
    Sign me up. You got Bryan Anger in there. Happy about that.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,840 Messages
    916 Likes Received
    Baltimore loves him as does GB, this wont happen.

This guy will be 25 this year, has alot of holes in his game, and more baggage than an over head compartment. Should not touch him before round 3.

Oh he who despises kickers blowing a 4th rounder on a punter, this guy better be the second coming of Ray Guy.
  4. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    If DeCastro was gone I would be absolutely thrilled with this. Not sure about #81 though.
  5. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,708 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    I'm a little wary of drafting projects in the top 4 rounds, but if we get this draft I'll be happy.
  6. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,847 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    I could easily live with this.

Couple of thoughts.

First, for this to happen Tannehill MUST be passed over by Miami. Do you think this will happen? I'm just curious.

Secondly, I love the idea of adding Barron. We need a leader in the secondary. I think, even as a rookie, Barron adds this. I think we should think of adding a CB either in the draft early, or during the second round of FA (after the draft). Maybe we can bring back Walker or someone. I like the three CBs we have, but I'm worried about Jenkins. If his shoulder keeps him out until week one, we may have issues.

Lastly, a PUNTER? Hmmm...at least Anger is one of the best. I read that he was more of a rugby-style punter though. I'm sure he can punt traditionally.

Anyway, I would love to see the draft pan out like this. The James pick is interesting. If he lasts until round three, then we have to pounce.
  7. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Love it...........that would be one for the ages.
  8. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,716 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    Sign me up...great mock...except my only concern is Barron falling that far.
  9. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,468 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    I honestly don't see Barron lasting long after his pro day. If we don't take him at 14 he's gone soon after. Won't last til 22
  10. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Me neither, not past 20. It seems likely the Jets snag him.
  11. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  12. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,235 Messages
    1,977 Likes Received
    I am going to be pissed if we pass on DeCastro.:mad:
  13. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,043 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Couple of minor quibbles (not a fan of the QB, and I believe that there will be a corner or two in this draft) but overall, it is my favorite of all your mocks. The punter with a 4th was interesting too.

Glad to have you on the Irvin train. It should be a fun ride if it happens.
  14. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,399 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    trade in your #81 pick for a CB and #135 for TE and I think I can get fully behind this
  15. Skerr41

Skerr41 Member

111 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like it. I would prefer a corner instead of James at 81, and a UDFA punter would be fine with me. Overall I would be thrilled with this draft though, especially the first and last 3.
  16. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Love it, only problem is I'm being convinced more and more each day that if we want Barron we need to do it at #14 and their is a chance that we might not even get the chance.

The going joke is that Barron can only play for one team. With so many teams needing a safety and Barron being the clear cut top safety in this class he has been pinpointed to go to a dozen different teams.
  17. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,313 Messages
    464 Likes Received
    Yea I think if we want Barron we're gonna have to stay put at 14.

But passing on Decastro would be worse than passing on Randy Moss? :laugh2: I know you like Decastro a lot but Moss was arguably the most dangerous offensive weapon in the history of the game.
  18. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,792 Messages
    2,861 Likes Received
    :laugh2: They were basically saying the same thing on NFLN...however every person doing different mock drafts had him going to different teams.
  19. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I dont really recall the last time a players stock has been so hot not because of anything he has done but what position he plays. I would not be shocked if he is not even a option at 14 at this point.
  20. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,160 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    KONZ will die if we pick him

Can't disapoint Hos can I?