1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

and with the 9th overall pick the dallas cowboys select

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by jblaze2004, Apr 27, 2011.

1. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,645 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    "This will be a draft that Garrett puts his mark on"

QB andy dalton:D board meltdown

sike naw but Im guessing they might go with Tyron Smith Tackle from USC.

what do you think?
    if trade with who, why (who did the other team move up to get) and who are we hoping to get with their pick?

idk the more and more i think about it the more and more I think we could trade down maybe twice or get a good offer to trade to lets say pick 17 or 18 (recieve maybe a 2nd and 5th or 4th)...then at that spot draft pouncey (hopefully he is there). then in the 2nd draft a OT that perhaps slip. Lets remember doug free will be back and if we draft a OT it will be to play RT. So I think you can find a olinemen in the 2nd round that can play OT. Then we will have another 2nd rounder to get a corner or safety or whatever.

The reason is I know columbo was bad last year but RT you can find in the 2nd round or beyond. But a good guard who can start day one and also play center(he will be just as good as guorde (sp?) who snaps the ball bad).
    He could take Davis place and allow us to cut him because of his bad contract and bad play. Lets not forget you can protect a Rt with a TE or running back. Bad guard play can get QB's killed because of the pressure up the middle>
    leonard davis already got bench last year for his poor play but he sucks at pass blocking and struggles to get push in the run game. We need someone more committed at that spot.

Trading back will net us more picks to get more talent and allow us to get rid of some bad contracts or bad players.
  2. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    At 9 I will go with T Smith.

If we trade down, I think JJ will try to pick up at least another 2nd rounder, so I would expect a trade into the mid to late teens.

With a trade down into the late teens (17 or 18), I will go with M Pouncey (because I think Watt, C Jordan, T Smith and Castonzo and Prince will already be gone). And I think that Pouncey is a better rated player than Carimi and Sherrod.
  3. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,645 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    exactly what I said in another thread. Guard is still a big need on our team. It will give us leverage to cut leonard davis for his poor play (and huge cap number) or if we cannot resign kosier (who was one of our best olineman last year).
  4. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    The two other things that I was thinking was

1. Pouncey seemed pretty sure if the Cowboys trade down into the (late) teens, he would be the pick.

2. A day or two ago it was mentioned that if there was FA that we would likely already have our new RT. Maybe the Cowboys have a contingency plan it they trade down in this Draft at the OT position?

Anyway, best guesses on my part. I'm probably wrong. :laugh2:
  5. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,695 Messages
    1,904 Likes Received
    After everything i've heard I think it's Castonzo.
  6. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,807 Messages
    772 Likes Received
    This option seems most likely.

However, I believe we get a crazy good trade offer and we get Watt
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,893 Messages
    4,243 Likes Received
    With the 9th pick in the draft the Dallas Cowboys shock the sports world by taking...

Half Back Frodo Baggins from the small and practically unknown Shire University.

Although it is extremely hard to find scouting notes on this player, what we have found says that he is small elusive half back. He has incredible balance due to his abnormally large feet. He has great will power and never say die attitude.

One college player, who wishes to remain anonymous, commented that it was like magic when they played the Shire Hobbits. Said one minute you would see them breaking the huddle and Frodo would be set up in the single back formation. They would snap the ball and Frodo would somehow hide behind the offensive line only to be seen a few seconds later skirting across the goal line.

It is also reported that Frodo is great in the special teams game.

Frodo finished his college time by winning the national title for his schools smaller division and where they are awarded rings instead of trophies.
    He finished his career as MVP of the team and also 4 time MVP of the middle earth conference.
  8. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,031 Messages
    2,820 Likes Received
    You really need to get out of the house. Come on take off the PJ and put some grown up pants on (not baggy) and get outside. :laugh2:
  9. BrAinPaiNt

60,893 Messages
    4,243 Likes Received
    I just got home from work. So I do get out of the house...I just wish it was to go somewhere I really wanted to go.:laugh2:
  10. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Posted by Rafael at Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Some conflicting rumors I've heard today:

I've heard, as many others have already claimed, that Dallas does in fact like Wisconsin DE J.J. Watt, even at pick 9.

I've also heard skepticism towards this claim, and the belief that Dallas really likes USC OT Tyron Smith, and is trying to throw off any team that may be considering moving ahead of the Cowboys to draft him.

I've heard that the prime target of a trade down into the teens is Florida C/G Mike Pouncey.

Will some, or all of these sources have to ''consider themselves sucked,'' as Bill Parcells loved to say, when the Cowboys finally pick tomorrow? We'll know in roughly 30 hours.
  11. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,053 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    YOU MUST BE OUT OF YOUR MIND! They're really taking............(drumroll)....

Harry Potter, K/ATH/WZRD, Hogwarts :laugh2:
  12. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,489 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Hahahaha:bow:
  13. BrAinPaiNt

60,893 Messages
    4,243 Likes Received
    Concerning Pouncey. There was some rumor going around that the steelers would like to trade up and get him to team with his brother. However from what was said it would only happen if he made it past the dolphins/15th pick area.
  14. BrAinPaiNt

60,893 Messages
    4,243 Likes Received
    No No No...we are talking the NFL...American Football....Not what they call football overseas.
  15. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    As a side note, it would be interesting if one brother played for the Cowboys and the other, of course, already plays for the hated Steelers.

That will up the rivalry a notch. :laugh2:
  16. AmarilloCowboyFan

AmarilloCowboyFan Active Member

2,404 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    :laugh1: good stuff.
  17. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,053 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    Oh, well then.... I had this wild thought that Hogwarts was in Orlando, FL and not across the pond. :D
  18. BrAinPaiNt

60,893 Messages
    4,243 Likes Received
    You know, You might just be on to something.

Hmmm...goes to have a meeting with the sorting hat.
  19. Jaxonsdaddd

Jaxonsdaddd Member

327 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    regarding the Pouncey trade down scenarios..

I have heard the Dolphins love him and have heard some say he wont get past 15 where the Dolphins pick.

But something has to give somewhere..I mean Watt, Jordan, T. Smith, pouncey, Costanzo cant all go between 9-16 can they? Especially if prince and Julio Jones are still there
  20. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Hopefully Miami takes Ingram at RB if we decide to trade down further than 15.