1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

And with the 9th pick in the 2011 NFL draft.....

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CanuckCowboysFan, Mar 1, 2011.

1. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Dallas Cowboys select, Prince Amukamara, CB Nebraska.

Ok, I don't exactly want this to happen, but I would have no problem with it. I think he's a more skillfull player then Peterson, but Peterson is more athletic.

I will also like to add this is MUCH better value then consensus of trading up for PP. Look at it this way.

Would you rather have a Prince and a quality offensive tackle or another position of need that'll have an impact his first year that we can pick up in the 2nd or 3rd, or PP on his own?

Like I said Peterson is not THAT much better then Prince. Intact like previously stated, I like Prince more.
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,528 Messages
    1,847 Likes Received
    Amukamara plays much better with his face to the ball. At 209 he'd be a good size for Free Safety, and almost all of that weight is in his lower half (guy has huge quads/hammies/glutes, no homo).

I wouldn't hate it. Hopefully he can play FS.
  3. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I second this, except homo. Just kidding. He is a great player, though. I think he would be a great addition to the unit.
  4. casmith07

26,528 Messages
    1,847 Likes Received
    I would like either Peterson or Amukamara at FS because it allows us to keep our Pro Bowl corners at corner.

It also means you can afford to be a little "cheap" at SS if Sensabaugh decides to walk.
  5. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I don't think they'll have to try too hard to be cheap on SS. There really aren't any good ones available right now. The only one that I can think of is Bob Sanders, and it is hard to tell if he still has it.
  6. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,809 Messages
    296 Likes Received
    I like Prince more than most. I currently have him going to the Niners, but he's worthy of our pick.

I feel pretty good about the #9 pick - lots of good players to choose from.
  7. casmith07

26,528 Messages
    1,847 Likes Received
    He doesn't.

For the record, I would much rather prefer to bring in Atogwe or Huff - more of a sure thing than a rookie. Also allows us to focus on OL and DL in the first round.
  8. acer941

acer941 Member

222 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Marcell Daerus
  9. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received

no one they trade down
  10. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,325 Messages
    354 Likes Received

Rather have DE Cam Jordan, DT Dareus or DB Peterson, however, Amukamara is an elite top 10 athlete, so you couldn't really complain. He'd be a very nice addition to the squad, especially after running a 4.37 at the combine.
  11. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    With the 9th pick the Dallas Cowboys select Robert Quinn (Von Miller will be gone).
  12. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,623 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    :bravo::pray: I would be excited to see 3rd downs for once if this guy was going to war for us. Tired of getting whipped every time we're supposed to get the ball back.
  13. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Vela isn't sold on Dallas liking Amukamara as much as the media likes him.

I have a hard time seeing the Cowboys draft any CB at 9, other than Patrick Peterson. There will be value at OT and DL. However, who knows?

We'll shall see.

Brandon Harris quietly had a great day, and Dallas supposedly likes him. Harris is sneaking around the chicken coop and could get hotter if he times in the 4.3 range in workouts. Harris is more fluid at CB than Amukamara.
  14. Silverstar

Silverstar Active Member

3,946 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Cameron Jordan
  15. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,298 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    It's looking like it'll come down to Watt or Prince for us, I'm a little torn but leaning more towards Watt.
  16. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,668 Messages
    689 Likes Received
    I think Amukamara just proved that Peterson is NOT "much more athletic". He kept pace with him in all the drills.
  17. Jaxonsdaddd

Jaxonsdaddd Member

327 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Im a little baffled with all the constant pining for secondary players on this board.

Unless the cornerback is head and shoulders above everyone else available, I would go with someone in the front 7 as opposed to a CB. A pressure player in the front 7 is in the play, every snap. CB can be thrown away from and sort of removed from the game in that way. We need someone who has to be accounted for on every snap
  18. acer941

acer941 Member

222 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Stop quoting mike mayock:rolleyes: but yea I would rather have Marcell or Tyron smith over prince anyday.
  19. Bwareinrings94

Bwareinrings94 Active Member

502 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Dareus is my choice. If we have to trade up for a player, I would rather go after Von Miller or Dareus who will make our CBs better. If we feel the need to go after and trade for a blue chip CB like Peterson supposedly will be, why don't we just go after Nnamdi. Pay him the money you would pay Peterson at the pick he will be drafted at which is top 5. Try to restructure Newman or release him, trade Jenkins if Newman goes and move on.
  20. Jaxonsdaddd

Jaxonsdaddd Member

327 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I didnt quote Mike Mayock, Deion Sanders shared a similair point that I had made. But most people who follow football closely should know that dependant positions like WR on offense and CB's on defense shouldnt be picked ahead of line of scrimmage playmakers. Unless of course your set in the o-line or front 7.

Look at CHamp Bailey with Denver this year. Still a great corner and he made ZERO difference to that horrendous defense this past year. As he is playing a dependant position.

Again, please either go front 7 on D or trade down 5 or 6 slots and pick an OT. No offensive skill players or there defensive counterparts in the secondary