1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Andre Gurode on Galloway & Company

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jul 20, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
  2. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    wait till you zoners hear how the offensive line works out now, they dont do any long running now, from what i understood gurode say, basically, they run when practicing and then going from drill to another drill on the field

no wonder our offensive got whooped in the vikings game,

and gurode and leonard davis were alittle heavy, their not working on
    their conditioning to me
    what do you zoners think and did you hear the same thing i heard?
  3. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Looks like the whole Cowboys team has gotten that "Not Going There" thing down. 'Dre wasn't taking the bait either.
  4. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I heard a different approach but I can't say that it is any better or worse. They just don't do any lallygagging in practice and let that get them in shape.
  5. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    i understand that, wades approach seems to be,keep them hoping, but my question is or a football question, if their legs arent in shape, when it comes to 3rd and 1, or 4th and one, really need for the offensive line to push the pile back, which we dont do now days

and how the vikings pass rush ripped our offensive line, just like in the 2007 playoff game against the giants, is that because their conditioning isnt being done right like it should in pro football?
  6. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Except the team was playing its best football at seasons end, and the OL looked damn good in back to back weeks vs Philly. Kinda blows this line of thinking out of the water.
  7. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So why didnt the Saints, Redskins and Eagles whip our OL?
  8. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    well im thinking this, by end of season winds down, our offensive line is wearing down, because they arent in the greatest shape conditioning wise

kinda like nate newton said in the 2007 loss to giants that our offensive linemen werent doing their cardivacular work and conditioning during the bye week and week leading up to the playoff game against giants in 2007, that wade was trusting them to do so, but they werent

where as i understand it, jimmy johnson would fine tune the players and be sure they were in top shape come playoff game, seeing that they did their work, but wade trusts the players to be professionals and do the work, so the offensive line isnt doing what they should late in year in conditioining, etc...

thats the question i have
  9. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,437 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    Well, you have to remember that football now is a year-round deal, where the players don't have as much opportunity to get out of shape.

In the past, all those running conditioning drills were used to get players in shape. They shouldn't be necessary any longer.

I don't think the condition of our linemen was as much of a liability as their lack of mobility those times that they struggled. This group, except for Kosier some, doesn't get overpowered much, but have troubles with quickness, blitzes, stunts and the like.
  10. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    oh ok, thats why i was asking

just seems to me, that in 2007 at end of year playoff game, our offensive line stunk the place up

then in 2008 last game of the season in phily, we got killed by our offensive line

then in 2010 in minny game, again our offensive line got killed by the vikings

seems like to me some kinda of coorelation there with our offensive line
  11. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,701 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    I think you're waaaay off base with your analogy, that's what I think.
  12. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    wont be the first time im off base or the last, or that im right,

you win some and you lose some

cant get them all right all the time, :cool:
  13. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,701 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    Huh!!!! Dude it's cool. You asked what we thought and I answered you. It's really not about you being right or wrong.. Relax!!!!
  14. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    im cool about it buddy, no problem :cool:

heck most of the time, LOL, im wrong, but hey, thats what the board is about, to share info, talk about the cowboys with other great fans like you and others
  15. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Joe, you're a great fan, but you'd make one lousy coach... just trust that Wade knows what he's doing when it comes to conditioning and such...
  16. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    He said that they don't do the *one* conditioning test on the first day of camp like they used to. That's not going to affect a game in January.

And I heard that live and haven't re-listened, but didn't he say this wasn't any easier anyway?
  17. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,437 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    I think you have to look more in-depth at what happened, than to just lump them all into conditioning.

For instance, conditioning wasn't the issue against the Vikings. Dallas' troubles were Colombo trying to bounce back from injury and doing a lousy job of it and Vikings All-Pro DT Kevin Williams making mincemeat of Kosier. The linemen weren't worn out, just beaten ... and some of that (a lot of it) had to do with the Metrodome crowd being so loud that Minnesota got a chance to tee off on our silent count.

This line's imperfections are exposed by top-notch defenses about three or four times a year ... and that's just something the team has to deal with until it forms a new line that will have imperfections that will probably be exposed three or four times a year by top-notch defenses.
  18. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, injuries will do that to you... Colombo came back from his broken leg too early, and Free shifted from right tackle to left tackle when Flozell Adams got hurt...

I guess Colombo and Free got hurt because their conditioning was bad... never mind that for the last 2-3 years, the Cowboys have been one of the teams least hurt by injury over the course of the season, suggesting they're doing something right in the conditioning department...
  19. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    that part i was listening to was scrambled some and i couldnt hear all of it, so thats why i was asking if what i did hear was right or not
  20. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    your probably right silverbear and im imagining things maybe, just seems like to me, every game at the end of the year of the season for the cowboys,
    1. 2007 cowboys giants playoff game
    2. 2008 eagles cowboys game in phily
    3. last game of the year for cowboys in minny for 2009 season

our offensive line didnt play up to par
    and romo was getting killed
    so it seemed to me, not completely able to put my finger on it, but somethings seems to be in coorelation there