1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Andre Gurode...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboyschmps3, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,602 Messages
    296 Likes Received
    It's easy to reminisce about past players in their glory years.

I don't even know why this thread exists. If Jason Garrett really does bring Gurode back, then we have a serious HC'ing problem.
  2. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

13,480 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    There are only six games left in the regular season for Dallas. They need them all, or have forsaken the team this year.

I hate to have to admit at this point, but Gurode and Holland would elevate who are starting there in the interior right now. If it were even remotely possible to add tackles to the list, hey, just wishful thinking as an addition.

But the team has already pulled off it's Practice Squad and two on the street free agents are starters now.
  3. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If we signed Gurode and Montrae tomorrow morning I'd need new pants.

If only...
  4. LarryCanadian

LarryCanadian Active Member

1,460 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Holland graded out as a decent player on oline for us last year. Yeah, his attitude and decisions (fitness prior to camp, contract requests, etc) aren't always the best, but when he gets on the field, he doesn't wiff, doesn't get driven back, and actually moves the pile relatively often.

Gurode, not sure if he has anything left, but if you aren't willing to put in Arkin as your 5th Center option then it is front office's job to GO GET SOMEONE ELSE TO HELP.

Maybe missing most of the season and getting into shape (I have NO idea if it is true) will help Gurode and his knees enough to get in another half season.

Dockery didn't look like the answer in there, and now Tyron could be out a couple weeks (so maybe Cook is needed at OT - yikes).
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,917 Messages
    1,192 Likes Received
    and your imagination is working overtime

But since you have been one of the foremost happy fans about this O line I am not surprised you reject any change
  6. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,704 Messages
    824 Likes Received
    I saw Gurode a few weeks ago at PSA in Plano. His daughter lays volleyball.

He may be in shape for an OL but that shape is decidedly round.

No harm in bringing him in for a try out though. He did play for the Steelers last year.
  7. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

34,999 Messages
    2,563 Likes Received
    An excellent question!
  8. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,942 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    Gurode at guard would be an upgrade...
  9. Garland powerplay

Garland powerplay Active Member

1,228 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    thought the reason he left was money. He might be affordable now .
  10. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,001 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    This from the foremost of the 'Costa can't play' brigade. That guy everyone is praying gets back soon....

We're already down, this game, to playing our 5th string center, a lessor backup at left tackle, failing retread at guard, decent journyman right guard, and Mr Free(run). Everyone plays well with that sort of lineup, right?

Gurode got the boot from the Ravens for good reason, and no team has picked him up 10 games into the season for a good reason. But if we did, it would somehow be a good deal! Hmn.

Me, I don't understand why we have Dockerty instead of Holland. They might be just too chintzy to sign him. Happy to claim foul on that one. Though again, no one has picked HIM up, either.

How are the 'Sign Grubs and Draft Decastro' banners holding up?
  11. fffiasco

fffiasco Member

733 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    tyron livings bernny holland/gurode parnell. best thing we can do at this point.