1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Andre Holmes cut

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Mr Cowboy, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mr. Jones is an idiot.
  2. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

7,012 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    No doubt.
  3. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,121 Messages
    1,671 Likes Received
    The conclusion is inescapable then: Jerry is an idiot.
  4. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,627 Messages
    3,151 Likes Received
    Certainly one could argue that.

But no doubt the coaching staff some potential in the kid or he wouldn't have made it this far... And he did show some in the pre-season.

More precisely, Jerry needs to know (not that he'll ever learn) what to say and when to say it... And sometimes not say anything at all.
  5. CalCBFan

CalCBFan Active Member

1,228 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    Maybe they are going to sign him back to the PS. Is he eligible??...
  6. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    lols, I was bored.

[youtube]KWVKP0AxgMk[/youtube]
  7. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,211 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    So they cut someone that JJ had hopes for, and this is a bad thing? Doesn't this just show that they're being realistic and not sticking with a project too long, no matter what hopes were put on the guy?

He hasn't worked his way onto the field on a regular basis, other guys proved they could produce at his spot, so they're churning the roster a little. It's something good organizations do.
  8. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    It's week 12, going on 13 for us. That's 12 weeks this guy took up a roster spot, because the Cowboys obviously don't have any other holes to fill. And in 12 weeks, this guy made... 2 catches for 11 yards? Let's all pour another round for GM Jerry.
  9. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,528 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    The probably sign a LB since Carter may need surgery.
  10. Illini88228

1,211 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    So, did giving him 12 weeks to see if he would work out keep them from signing some fabulous free agent who would have won them half a dozen more games? I understand that this season has been frustrating, but people on here have lost their minds. He's a bottom of the roster player that they tried for a few months and then moved on from. Every single team in the league has a few projects going all the time. It's part of how you build a roster in the salary cap era.

There are frustrating things about this team, Andre Holmes has not been one of them.
  11. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    You responded before I'd finished my edit, but it doesn't matter. Guys like this don't make other teams rosters. Just because he's done absolutely nothing doesn't mean it isn't frustrating. Why isn't Matt Johnson on IR? This team is not run by fundamentally sound football people. Glaringly obvious.
  12. DMX690

DMX690 Active Member

582 Messages
    35 Likes Received
  13. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Matt Johnson is on IR I think.
  14. Illini88228

1,211 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Are you seriously suggesting that other team's don't take on projects? The guy had size and speed, and according to most off-season reports he put in a lot of effort at getting better. Isn't that what you want from young guys at the bottom of the roster?
  15. links18

10,121 Messages
    1,671 Likes Received
    He made the team because he was one of Jerry's pet cats. He could have made it to the practice squad this year if they wanted to give him a shot to prove himself, but Jerry had him pegged as the #3 receiver before training camp even started. That's what is so frustrating.....:bang2:
  16. links18

10,121 Messages
    1,671 Likes Received
    Yeah, just put there within the last week or so. It took how long to figure out this guy wasn't going to see the field this year? :confused:
  17. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Okay, he was put on IR Nov 17th, guess I missed that. Why did it take so long? Meanwhile, we have Bernadeau playing Center. And we haven't had a 'starting' center since week 1.
  18. Illini88228

1,211 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Is there someone they cut you would rather have? I mean it looks to me like they had a whole lot of unknown guys vying for #3 receiver spot, and they let that spot sort itself out throughout the season. Given that every other possible #3 receiver has shown something by this point, they cut the odd man out. I doubt it's a coincidence that Holmes gets cut two days after Cole and Dwayne Harris emerge as legitimate receiving threats.

It's also quite possible that the coaches liked Holmes and that's why JJ was optimistic about him and why he got a roster spot. Again, what team hasn't had a project not work out? You'd think with the outrage about this guy that they had given him a $30 million contract or something.
  19. Airbag

Airbag Active Member Zone Supporter

244 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    Johnson is on IR. But dont let that stop you. You know what your talking about. Keep bashing others for not knowing whats going on.
  20. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    I haven't 'bashed' anyone. Go ahead and show me where I did that. I could show you posts from me in August predicting Johnson would end up on the PS or IR. Then in the early weeks of the season I questioned why he wasn't on IR. The bottom line is this team makes stupid, myopic decisions every year and it's a big reason why we're perennial losers.