1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Andre Holmes suspended 4 games for PEDs

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Zordon, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,716 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    yes, this is why they are doing it. A lot of them get paid before they get caught.

It's bad for sports though - not because im so concerned with players taking PED's when they are supposed to be role models.....but because teams invest big salaries to a few guys which limits the number of other positions you can fill with good players and then these big payday guys are not available.
  2. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,716 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    i think that it is kept private. The head coach does not even know but has to accept what the player tells him it was. At least that was what i got from reading Harbaughs comments on the situation.
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,798 Messages
    1,600 Likes Received
    Imagine how much he'd suck if he wasn't using performance "enhancing" drugs.
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,798 Messages
    1,600 Likes Received
    Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. I'm shocked that leagues don't have stipulations where players forfeit a large portion of their contract if they are caught cheating.
  5. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,941 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    Well count me as one of the people who thought this guy would work out well for the Cowboys... *shrugs*
  6. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,655 Messages
    1,527 Likes Received
    I think if the league dug deep enough, they may find that the most common PEN offenders may be guys playing right on the edge of making it or not.
    Given the chance to make an NFLteam or pack groceries, you can see we're some wouldbe strongly tempted to take that risk.
  7. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,194 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    How many passes has Eric Rogers caught in the NFL? Will he make the team or be on the practice squad. Lets let him do something first before giving ol' Jerry the slap on the back that you speak of.

When Jerry spoke of replacing Laurent Robinson's production, he specifically mentioned Holmes stepping into that role. When he doesn't even make the team, it doesn't speak well for the talent evaluation of our GM.
  8. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

9,897 Messages
    2,802 Likes Received
    If I were a fringe guy I would be very tempted to try performance enhancers. The odd thing is that physical ability was not really the problem for Holmes. His problem was catching the ball and running the correct routes.
  9. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,271 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    The sad part is half the stuff you can but at GNC i banned by the NFL. So players might Not be using illegal drugs
  10. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,596 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    Everything is an excuse to bash Jerry. It's like that 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon game. Simple enough for the masses to play.
  11. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,596 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    He just fell in with the wrong crowd.