1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Andrew Luck is the clear leader of the 2012 QB class

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by dart, Oct 7, 2013.

1. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/what-we-know-after-week-5/

Let’s summarize: The Seahawks ran for 218 yards on the ground, had more first downs and won the time of possession battle against the Colts on Sunday. Umm, how did Indy pull this one out?
    Andrew Luck, take a bow. The young quarterback stepped with a huge play in the third quarter, connecting with T.Y. Hilton for a nifty 29-yard scoring strike that pulled the Colts to within two points of tying the game:

However, his finest effort came at the start of the fourth quarter, when he directed a 14-play, 86-yard drive that ended with a 3-yard touchdown run by Donald Brown. Twice on that drive, Luck completed passes to keep the chains moving on third down, which helped demoralize a vaunted Seahawks defense.

But one thing is for sure: He’s sitting on top of Russell Wilson, Robert Griffin III and Ryan Tannehill. Sorry, it’s true.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,952 Messages
    1,848 Likes Received
    Was there any doubt??? Not here.
  3. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,061 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received
    With the Texans have a tough year the Colts suddenly look like THE team in that division.
  4. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,952 Messages
    1,848 Likes Received
    Schaub is holding that team back. He is dreadful.
  5. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,175 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    he actually rivals Eli for having defeated facial expressions
  6. BoysFan4ever

6,061 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received
    He had some sort of foot surgery & is so immobile. Put any pressure on him & he folds. They have great offensive weapons. That team has no confidence. The Texans could easily be winless this year. Incredible!
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,046 Messages
    4,396 Likes Received

Agreed. He did the most with the least his rookie year and reason he SHOULD have won RPOY. Most people that were not colts fans could not name their starting RB last year.
  8. Sonny#9

Sonny#9 Well-Known Member

1,576 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I won't argue about Luck--he and Griffin (anyone who denies that at this point is a fool) are going to be very, very good QBs.

However, a bit off topic, but has anyone noticed Russell Wilson's numbers? They're down--he's below 60% completion, on pace to carry the ball 128 times this year, and hasn't cracked 210 yards since week 1 against the Panthers. Where are the questions about him getting hurt? Or his struggles? He is definitely getting a pass (mostly b/c he is winning thanks to Lynch and that defense). Add to that Kapaernck's numbers are worse. It's funny how much criticism Griffin gets when Wilson and Kap aren't performing as well.
    NIBGoldenchild likes this.
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,079 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    That was a good QB class.
    Luck sits at the top though.
  10. BoysFan4ever

6,061 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received
    The Colts have put together a nice team in a short amount of time.

Now they've beaten both SF & Seattle. Not bad.
  11. Sonny#9

Sonny#9 Well-Known Member

1,576 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    It's debatable. He did not have an overwhelming completion percentage, threw a lot more interceptions. His GW drives are impressive, but it's at least debatable that Griffin had the better year--yes, he certainly was helped greatly by Alfred Morris--he was fantastic coming out of play action, but he also had a much more difficult schedule. Griffin also had more of the SportsCenter highlight plays (i.e. the 76 yard TD run vs. Minnesota, literally running circles around JPP to convert a 4th down to Moss in NY) which certainly helps.

That being said, if Luck had won, I don't think I would have had a problem with it.
  12. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,086 Messages
    1,369 Likes Received
  13. BoysFan4ever

6,061 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received
    He has tremendous leadership qualities.

I don't know how they feel about letting Peyton walk but I guess you do what you have to do.
  14. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,959 Messages
    464 Likes Received
    Luck > Griffin and it's not even close.
    Teren_Kanan likes this.
  15. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,242 Messages
    257 Likes Received
    It's all about identity. Luck is the perfect QB to rebuild the Colts and their new identity of physical football (along with Chuck Pagano). In only 2 years, the Colts have managed to transform themselves from being known as a finesse team led by the greatness of Peyton and their offense to being one of the most physical teams in the NFL.

And it's taken Jerry how many years (along with numerous coordinators)?
  16. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,271 Messages
    1,720 Likes Received
    Luck is definitely amazing. Everyone got obsessed with the speedy QBs last season. I would still give Russell Wilson his props. Wilson isn't as talented as Luck or even RG3, but there's something about him. He has a leadership quality to him that few QBs in the league have. He had it at Wisconsin too. Luck may be better, but I can see Wilson getting a Super Bowl first. And it's not just that the Seahawks are so good. Kaepernick is fortunate to play in San Fran, but the Seahawks are fortunate to have a guy like Wilson leading the helm.
    perrykemp likes this.
  17. Wheeltax

Wheeltax Well-Known Member

1,071 Messages
    581 Likes Received
    Luck is already very good and is only going to get better. I hope Dallas is fortunate enough to end up with a QB like that when Romo is done.