1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

andrew luck = troy aikman

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by vegasjunkie, Nov 7, 2010.

1. vegasjunkie

vegasjunkie New Member

19 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We need a franchise quarterback and this guy is it. We need to draft him....until then, there is no superbowl in sight for this team for a long time. I love Romo, but he's no Kurt Warner.

This is the best chance of us getting the number one pick in years. I never thought i would say this, but i hope we don't win again this year....and buffalo wins at least 2 games :star:
  2. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,232 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    No thanks.....this can only be posted by people that have NO idea in what we have in Romo.
  3. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    thats why you keep Wade
  4. Royal Laegotti

Royal Laegotti Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This team will be 1-15. I haven't seen Buffalo play but I can't imagine they being any worse than the Cowboys.
  5. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,111 Messages
    741 Likes Received
    :eek: :mad: :bang2: :lmao2:
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,814 Messages
    888 Likes Received
    Since when did Romo become this teams biggest problem?
  7. vegasjunkie

vegasjunkie New Member

19 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bingo!
  8. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    I dont know about all that but i agree Andrew luck is very very special.
  9. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,048 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

At your Roy Williams 8 wins comment.
  10. locked&loaded

locked&loaded its redskin season

2,775 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Troy wasnt exactly a one man wrecking ball. He was surrounded by great talent. His stats arent all that exciting. This team needs more than Troy.

Plus Romo is more than fine.
  11. garrett316

garrett316 Well-Known Member

2,455 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    Romo is Danny White. Very good but not elite. Andrew Luck is an elite talent. Right now, there are so many problems I don't know where to begin.
  12. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    How could you watch this game and support any pick that is not named Patrick Peterson
  13. Royal Laegotti

Royal Laegotti Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like Romo, I think he can win a Superbowl if the entire organization ever gets it's stuff together but having said that he is over 30 now and who knows how much time he has left.
  14. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,674 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    We have a QB in his prime on a team that is going to take years to rebuild, there's no quick fix for this mess and we won't field a competitive team again until the back end of his carer if he even lasts that long.

We need to look to the future and Romo's future might not be long enough
  15. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No Dallas draft needs go beyond needing a QB... Romo can get it done.
  16. vegasjunkie

vegasjunkie New Member

19 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't believe romo is the problem...hes a GOOD player. I just think he won't ever be that quarterback that can lead the cowboys to the promise land....if he was, we would have gone last year to the big dance.

I think Luck can be a GREAT player.
  17. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,822 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    He's not THE problem, but he's not going to take us places, this is just my personal opinion. I've watched him closely over all the years, and the dots don't connect all the way. Fun to watch, but that's about it.
  18. chuffly

chuffly Well-Known Member

1,976 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    No owner in his right mind would sink that much money into the quarterback spot. So you better have an idea of how you are going to rid of Romo first. And you would also have to ask yourself why you are spending that high of a pick on one of the few positions that that you don't have a need at. Seems like a good recipe on how not to improve your team.
  19. mgcowboy

mgcowboy Active Member

1,070 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I like Romo too but I agree...the most important position in a team is the QB and when you draft a franchise QB you set your team for 10+ years.

Romo is undrafted QB...meaning he was never raised in football as a franchise QB and that contributes to one's mentality.

Plus he is getting old and not sure how much you can get out of him..you need to start thinking of at least continuity whenever he retires or even get injured like this season

If this guy "Andrew Luck" is good enough then we should pick him first

:cool:
  20. cjr126

cjr126 Benched

331 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    dude in my opinion you've made 10 posts too many

how on god's green earth is qb even on anybody's list of top priorities next year

romo's one of the few players you would want to keep