1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Andy Reid go out in style?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by sunbum, Dec 19, 2012.

1. sunbum

sunbum Active Member

816 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    Can we count on Andy Reid putting together game plans to take on the Skins and then the Giants? He's been the Eagles coach since 1999, I believe he's the leagues longest tenured coach.....can he get his players motivated enough to do his arch rival, Cowboys, a solid and go out on an up swing? Never thought I'd be pulling for the Eagles so much.

And yes, I know, we control our own division destiny but nothing wrong with getting by with a little help from your friends!
  2. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,754 Messages
    625 Likes Received
    lets hope so. McCoy is back this week.
  3. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,867 Messages
    972 Likes Received
    nothing would be finer...
  4. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,722 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    The eagles will quit on Andy just like the Cowboys did with Wade.

If the Cowboys want to be taken seriously then they win the games they need to win, not hope someone helps them out...and that is what I am hearing from the players and the coaches.
  5. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

946 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    There is nothing the eagles would like better than to knock the skins and/or the giants out of the dance.
  6. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,053 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    Prediction...Eagles win out.
  7. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

4,321 Messages
    837 Likes Received
    I doubt the Eagles will win - but then again, the Redskins beat the (eventual Super Bowl champion) Giants in New York 23-10 last year, which was quite surprising. You never know.
  8. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

4,321 Messages
    837 Likes Received
    Interesting fact: The Giants haven't beaten the Eagles at home in New York since the 2007 season. The last time they beat the Eagles in New York, Eli Manning hadn't even won a playoff game, let alone a Super Bowl, yet.
  9. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Would love to see Andy Reid go out in style...

Gangnam Style!
  10. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,722 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    I wish....! And, this is probably the FIRST time I would want that disgusting organization to win out!!

:laugh2:
  11. miamicowboy21

miamicowboy21 Active Member

2,836 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    The e-girls are dead. Everyone knows Reid is a dead man walking. The spoiler role sounds fine in theory, but at the first sign of adversity the e-girls will quit. The only suspense left in Philly is whether Lurie will fire Reid after the last game or wait until the monday after. E-girls already have the u-hauls packed and tee times set.
  12. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,759 Messages
    599 Likes Received
    It would be nice but I see a lot of players making business decisions. Vick might even start the last game.
  13. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

927 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    I'm a big nervous that McCoy is playing, even though he was a non-factor in the first game - but without Vick and De Sean Jackson I still don't see them beating us.

If they do - we aren't a playoff team this year. I REALLY don't want the wind taken out of the sails of Dallas vs Washington in the finale.
  14. sunbum

sunbum Active Member

816 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    I hear you but Andy and Wade are not great comparisons. If his team quits on him, they don't go out there the next two weeks to play and give their all for him, it will say a lot for the state/quality of that group. We're talking 13 years.....anything less than playing with passion in his honor would be pathetic.
  15. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,630 Messages
    515 Likes Received
    The Eagles aren't your typical bad 3-4 win team completely bereft of talent. They have many good players still healthy throughout their roster with good coaching. McCoy coming back this week will help. They've had 10 days to prepare so I'm sure we'll see some adjustments from Reid & co.

With that said, the Skins are playing well, so the Eagles will have to bring it to somehow win this game. But they are certainly capable. If this was like Oakland, Buffalo or someone like Tennessee, I'd say no chance. But i give Philly a good shot especially playing at home. This will be a game decided somewhere in the 4th quarter i believe. We'll see. Too bad we can't watch them play before our game.
  16. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

927 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    What are you smokin? lol :) MAYBE they beat the Giants if the Giants lose to the Ravens.
  17. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

927 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    True. Both games weren't even that close last year.
  18. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,053 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    I have never smoked anything in my life except meat in a pit. You are going down. McCoy is going to go for a buck 75 and 2 scores.
  19. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    You confident in that stat line? If so ill make sure to play him him this week on my fantasy team.
  20. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

927 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    lol. In the last game he was their leading pass catcher, with 6 receptions for 67 yards and no TDs.

I mean, anything can happen, but the odds are in our favor here. Particularly with the way we beat down the Browns in a similar situation last week.