1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Angels get Josh Hamilton 5 yrs/$125 mill

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by JoeyBoy718, Dec 13, 2012.

1. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,678 Messages
    1,299 Likes Received
    Correction: $125 mill. Please edit my title.

Let's see if they can even make the playoffs this time.
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,370 Messages
    1,401 Likes Received
    Wow! Trout, Albert and Hamilton....... Wow!
  3. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Dang son. I don't follow baseball really but with him and Albert they should be playoff contenders, right?
  4. MegaMagick

MegaMagick Active Member

6,336 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    It's not just those three, the rest of their lineup is pretty stacked too. They should be heavy favorites in the division and also getting through the AL to the WS.
  5. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Dream Team lol. Nobody wants to play in DFW lol
  6. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,090 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Yep it will now be a HUGE fail if they don't win at least 2 championships. One won't do it considering how much they're trying to go all in.
  7. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

824 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    I don't follow MLB as well as I like, but why couldn't they get in the playoffs after getting Pujols and Wilson?

I get this picture the Angels stockpile on stars like the Redskins for many years, yet can't get them to play as a team.
  8. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,528 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    I am glad we didnt give him 5/125 million.I was really tired of his antics towards the end of the season,let the angels worry about him and babysit him now.
  9. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,678 Messages
    1,299 Likes Received
    Their starting pitching fell apart at the end of the season and they didn't have a bullpen either. They stock up on big name bats and lack pitching and batting depth. The MLB is complex. There's no sure fire way to build a winning team.
  10. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    i didnt like his attitude either ... kinda glad we didnt get him. But im very upset with Jon Daniels "Plan" this offseason. He has struck out 4 times already. Greinke, Hamilton, Upton and Shields. He had shots at all of them and has crapped the bed. Its making me wonder if Jerry Jones or Mark Cuban is actually the GM of the rangers
  11. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,370 Messages
    1,401 Likes Received
    They can get to the playoffs with those guys. Can they win? That depends on pitching and how much they can afford to keep after signing all these guys.
  12. Christiann

Christiann Active Member

531 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    It's gonna be fun to watch the Freeway Series between the Dodgers and the Angels.

Kemp/Ethier/Gonzalez/Ramirez w/ Kershaw Pitching

vs

Pujols/Hamilton/Trout/Trumbo w/ Weaver Pitching
  13. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Can't wait for the wheels to come off both LA teams with those back roll salaries.
  14. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,085 Messages
    1,459 Likes Received
    Hopefully!
  15. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Sounds like the expectations placed on the Heat.
  16. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,392 Messages
    6,403 Likes Received
    I think one world title would be enough for the Angels fans to be happy with this move.
  17. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,090 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Judging by his press conference, looks like Hamilton really hated it here. I bet he was plotting to get out since July
  18. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,611 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    They held his hand long enough..if he didn't want to be with the Rangers anymore fine.

Now he can pay a few million extra in taxes & they can worry about keeping him sober & right.
  19. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,205 Messages
    1,937 Likes Received
    It's not like there won't be teams who will have spent a ton and failed to win 1 over the next few years.

Winning a championship is what they made all those moves for but I don't think you can say they have to win more than that or else it's a failure.

5 years from now I'm sure all involved will gladly take a single championship with the moves they have made as opposed to no championship and half the moves.
  20. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Josh and his wife are angry at the Rangers because they didn't just throw the bank at them immediately? :lmao2:

Josh just can't see his own warts.

I wonder how Josh is going to handle all the clubs, drugs, drinking, celebrities and everything else that he will have on his plate out in LA. If he is going into trouble in Dallas and Arizona, I can only imagine the trouble he will find in LA.