1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Another Cole Beasley Tribute

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Boyzmamacita, Oct 13, 2013.

1. lane

lane The Chairman

11,023 Messages
    883 Likes Received
    bad pass
  2. mmohican29

mmohican29 Well-Known Member

2,464 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Beasley is just a good football player. Can he be a #1 or #2 guy? No. But he can really sting a defense with his hands and suddeness.

Close the book on the debate. Cole is an NFL quality WR who can compete at the highest level.
    lane likes this.
  3. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,570 Messages
    1,002 Likes Received
    With Beasley, the Cowboys have finally found a replacement for Patrick Crayton - the guy who can get open and get those 1st downs in crunch time, when the defense is keying on the big names. (Laurent Robinson was more like a 2nd #2.)
  4. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,851 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    Threads like this warm my heart.
  5. ilykdrama

ilykdrama Active Member

441 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    He's made Austin expendable in two games. Would love to see Romo go to him more. Can't cover him with those linebackers that drop back into coverage off the blitz. Miles just doesn't have that quickness, more straight line speed. I wouldn't mind Beastley taking Miles' spot from here on out.
    lane likes this.
  6. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,465 Messages
    1,669 Likes Received
    On that tipped ball interception, Romo telegraphed it to Beasley. He had his eyes on him all the way. He even pointed to him before the throw. I'm not surprised it was tipped. Can't be that obvious.
  7. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,933 Messages
    1,686 Likes Received
    He adds that additional piece that will make coordinators think twice about calling an all out blitz.
  8. dbonham

dbonham Active Member

308 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    He's proved me wrong- I thought he would be manhandled on dig and in routes, he's shown an ability to get open when it matters. I don't think he replaces Austin, but he makes it viable for Williams to replace Austin.
  9. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,457 Messages
    1,099 Likes Received
    And to think this kid quit on the team during his first training camp... I remember thinking, "He doesn't have the passion for the game? Meh, let him walk."

Major props to Garrett and company for swallowing a bit of pride and talking him back onto the team. Would've been very easy to let a tiny, undrafted WR walk away from his opportunity of a lifetime. I'll bet Beasley's extremely thankful that his NFL career was given new life.
  10. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,465 Messages
    1,669 Likes Received
    So that was Beasley and not Danny Coale? I get my Coles mixed up, LOL.
    Nav22 likes this.
  11. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,626 Messages
    929 Likes Received
    I remember folks saying he shouldn't even make the 53. This dude can play. Alll he does is make plays when we need them....
  12. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,457 Messages
    1,099 Likes Received
    Yep, definitely Beasley.
  13. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,915 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I love the way he catches the ball . Great hands.
  14. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

3,047 Messages
    959 Likes Received
    Thats a problem with Romo. He should try a pump fake here and there to keep these rushers honest. But he doesn't.
  15. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,759 Messages
    627 Likes Received
    I had same reaction. He looked like he was going to break when he was rookie. But he looks like a heck of player who will be nightmare to cover. What I like is that Romo goes to him on big 3rd downs which means he has ton of trust in him.
  16. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,438 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    One of my favorite plays of 2012 was against the *ggl*s. Two of Philly's finest covered Beasley, and Dez was guarded by one back. Byrant scored. I can't imagine a team putting their best cornerback on Cole or putting two defenders on him. But in that case they did.
  17. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,915 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    With Murray hurt, Beasley should be used more to compensate. Quick short passes and screens to him should be as good as run play.
  18. ehcrossing

ehcrossing Fan Zone Supporter

816 Messages
    480 Likes Received
    Cole is a good player I wish he was allowed to showcase his talents.
  19. mitchell2254

mitchell2254 Active Member

767 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    With Dez, Terrance, and Beasley its hard to not be excited about the future of our WR corps
  20. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,524 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    He's definitely got a little jitterbug to his game. It's a nice addition to the offense.