1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Another Pass rusher in the draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by rooler, Jan 4, 2012.

1. rooler

rooler Benched

62 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Chandler Jones, Syracuse, 6-5, #265

Tony Pauline of SI.com/NFL Draft Insider noted earlier today that Jones received a third-round grade from the NFL Draft advisory board. Based on how many defensive ends get drafted, Jones could work his way into the end of the second round with good workouts. Judging by how he plays, Jones could test out like Jason Pierre-Paul did in 2010 and skyrocket up draft boards

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/12/30/2671216/chandler-jones-enters-2012-nfl-draft

There are several factors that should benefit Jones in the draft process. The 6-foot-5, 265-pound Jones has rare length for the position and great straight-forward speed. Based on his family members — one brother, Arthur Jones is a Baltimore Ravens defensive tackle for the Baltimore Ravens, and the other, Jon Jones, is a UFC champion — it's easy to guess that Jones will test out extremely well
  2. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,150 Messages
    2,779 Likes Received
    The trouble is I'm not sure where the guy plays in the 3-4.

He's too light for DE and he's too big for OLB.
  3. rooler

rooler Benched

62 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    heres something about him

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/1/3/2680471/hey-jerry-keep-up-with-the-joness-chandler-jones

Jones has great size standing in at 6'5, 265 pounds. He has the long arms and muscular frame that I absolutely drool over when it comes to pass rushers. I think Jones is such a good prospect that he could play in any NFL defensive system. He could beef up and play as a five technique in the 3-4, he could stay as a 4-3 DE, or he could stand up as a 3-4 OLB.
    The first thing I notice about Jones is his athleticism and quick twitch ability
  4. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,634 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Well he is 1 inch taller and 5 pounds heavier than Ware. Perfect for SOLB to me sizewise, of course that says nothing for his actual ability.
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,392 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    Did not see him play. So I ask anybody who did, can he play?
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,031 Messages
    2,820 Likes Received
    As I posted in another thread one guy I would love to have and have watched over time is Keenan Robinson. The guy can bring the heat is very good open field tackler and can drop into coverage. As OLB in the 3-4 you not only will be asked to get after the QB you better have the agility and quickness to cover. I think Robinson can provide that
  7. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,645 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    [youtube]uSAZZq7v80s[/youtube]
    [youtube]Qg1tHR0Scc4[/youtube]

reminds me of.........Greg Ellis. He is powerful and long.:eek:

He would make this man proud.....:lmao2:
    [youtube]Rgn6YbtoN_A&feature=related[/youtube]

I might do this too if he makes our defense alot better
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,392 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    Based on the video he has an inside move, which is crucial as a pass rusher. I am intrigued.