1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Another valid argument for Garrett needing an OC

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by newlander, Jan 20, 2013.

1. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
  2. Derinyar

Derinyar Well-Known Member

2,138 Messages
    225 Likes Received
    Are you talking an OC or a playcaller? I was pretty sure that Callahan was already listed as the OC.
  3. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    Looks like Chip Kelly is going to hire former Browns head coach Pat Shurmur as his OC. Obviously, it's Kelly's offense just like in DC it's Shanahan's offense, but his son is the OC. I am FULLY on board with Red getting an O.C. at this point: most any Cowboy fan that wants them to WIN should be. I wonder what the hold up is however...sure looks like Red is resisting and if he resists hard enough it might not end well for him. We should know something in next 24 hrs. hopefully.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...oin-philadelphia-eagles-offensive-coordinator
  4. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,289 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    Unfortunately, I have my doubts that this team gets a true OC. Either things will remain as they are or they'll promote Callahan to playcaller.

I don't see a new outside voice coming in this offseason even though it would be the best thing for the franchise. Hope I'm wrong.
  5. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,290 Messages
    905 Likes Received
    I hope if they do let Cally call plays, he will call his plays, not Garrett's. that would be stupid IMO. It would be like Zimmer running the 3-4 again.
  6. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,708 Messages
    1,921 Likes Received
    Pretty much.

I don't think they have a lot of faith in Garrett keeping his head coaching gig so that's why it will be Callahan.

I don't think they want to fire a bunch of new coaches on the offensive side whenever they bring in Mike Zimmer after next season.
  7. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,464 Messages
    398 Likes Received

I'm feeling the same way and like you hoping I'm wrong..it's the same ol' crap different season coming up in 2013.

It's painfully obvious that Jerry Jones has various personnel issues from the field to the front office.

Be it lack of GM knowledge or ineptness in his Ownership responsibilities which include making solid Front Office personnel decisions across the board, Jones makes terrible decisions routinely that unfortunately directly translate into losing football on many different levels.