1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Anthony Hitchens LB

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Aliencowboy, May 10, 2014.

1. Sydla

Sydla Active Member

292 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    This is pretty stupid, actually. Martin alone makes it nothing like the 2009 draft.
  2. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    Actually you are pretty stupid for not reading the whole post. I said one pick was like 09.
  3. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,795 Messages
    4,342 Likes Received
    Fuzzy, you've been a roll for the duration of this draft. I appreciate the "just the facts" approach.
    Gaede likes this.
  4. Sydla

Sydla Active Member

292 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    LOL. Good point, I am stupid. I misread your post.
  5. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    No problem. Hey one pick to complain about..I will sign up for that every year.
  6. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,116 Messages
    1,796 Likes Received
    Been trying. Thanks for the encouragment. Empiricism and reductionism are my personal ethics.
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,630 Messages
    4,001 Likes Received

I think it is fair to say that if the 49ers or Seahawks took him, it would have been at the bottom of the fourth, practically the 5th. Not in the middle of the fourth after going a full round without a pick.

It would also be fair to say that the 49ers and Seahawks are in a better place to draft backup and ST players than Dallas who just came off a historically bad season on defense.

Just something to consider when saying...two other teams liked him...and that information is coming from a scout on Twitter that I have no clue if he has any information what they were thinking about in those two war rooms.
  8. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,500 Messages
    995 Likes Received
    If they drafted Telvin Smith (who didn't go until the 5th) or Caraun Reid (who didn't go until the middle of the 5th) or Kevin Pierre-Louis who the Seahawks took instead they still would be drafted to be backups. It's the 4th round, none of those guys are expected to start. They are expected to play STs and backup.
  9. Aliencowboy

Aliencowboy Active Member

555 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    Drink yourself sick on the koolaid? Kiper? His own agent told him 6th round. As for the rumors of Seattle and 9ers, funny where comes from. Did u watch any games? If u bothered you'd see why he was surprised. Meanwhile, the brass has admitted he was drafted as insurance for Lee. Most feel they should go best player. Championship teams do not concede or give up in the fourth round
  10. speedkilz88

20,500 Messages
    995 Likes Received
    They had the guy with a 4th round grade.
  11. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,450 Messages
    251 Likes Received
    I tend to stay out of these discussions because as fans, we don't know assignments, so we really can't evaluate a players performance. We sure as heck don't know when a player will truly be drafted either.

As a Hawkeye fan, I will only say this is a guy that was largely considered the weakest link of a very solid linebacker committee by those that follow the team. That he was benched in a season while leading the team in tackles only validated what we thought we were seeing.

but hey, someone else also with no understanding of assignments watched 4 of his tapes, and feel he is the best value pick of the entire draft...so we will see.....I'm certainly rooting to be wrong.
  12. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,384 Messages
    2,015 Likes Received
    Quoted for truth
  13. Aliencowboy

555 Messages
    64 Likes Received
  14. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,384 Messages
    2,015 Likes Received
    If you think caraun Reid would be playing significant minutes or even starting you are mistaken

Hitchens will not get on the field unless lee goes down

BIG difference
  15. speedkilz88

20,500 Messages
    995 Likes Received
  16. speedkilz88

20,500 Messages
    995 Likes Received
    I didn't watch Iowa. Could you tell me which player was Defensive MVP in 2013?
  17. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,450 Messages
    251 Likes Received
    Since you didn't watch any games, the answer is Jackson Jeffcoat.
  18. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,052 Messages
    7,557 Likes Received
    You want my positive spin on this?

It was a better pick than Matt Johnson.
    Star Guard_31 likes this.
  19. Aliencowboy

555 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    He's not even the best MLB on the team (IOWA) lol you kiddin me?!

#44 James Morris Tackles: 106 Int:4 Sacks: 7 TFL 17.0 FF: 2
    #31 A.Hitchens: Tackles 112 Int:1 Sacks:2 TFL 13.5 FF: 2

The coaches voted him MVP because he was a senior and there's an interview where he is surprised by it also. Look, I am sure he is a nice guy and high effort player but you are out of your depth and blinded by the shiny star. If you agree with their philosophy (drafting insurance and reaching for a player to cover earlier mistakes), you are more than welcome to take that position. However, others would have rather seen them take the best player that has a chance to be an impact player in the future.

Watch a game by the way. You'll like #44.
  20. speedkilz88

20,500 Messages
    995 Likes Received
    Iowa son, try to keep up.