1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Antonio Bryant

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by aikemirv, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,199 Messages
    5,430 Likes Received
    So you want to bring back someone we got rid of?

Sounds splendid. Perhaps we can re-sign Quincy Carter to throw him the football as well. Can we re-sign Troy Hambrick as well? Mario Edwards needs a job.
  2. Compacity

Compacity Benched

656 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yeah, quick in a hurry with our wide receivers....I'll take T.O with him too..

We need a consistent playmaker at Wide Receiver
  3. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    the autographed card I had of his has been thrown away. Bryant has no future here, unless he were to bow down to Parcells and admit how wrong he was, which isnt happening.
  4. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,596 Messages
    1,013 Likes Received
    Even if he did that why would we want a guy who is just not a great receiver.

He drops balls. Takes stupid penalties. And produces his best in garbage time.

Yeah. I want him.
  5. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,103 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    If you want to bring a guy in with an attitude it might as well be Terrell Owens NOT Bryant.

TO gets YAC, RAC, 1st Downs, TD's...
  6. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    N-O spells no.
  7. parcellsguys

parcellsguys New Member

190 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    When AB's career is over he will have been known as one of those guys who never fulfilled his potential.
  8. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,103 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    What a difference a player(or two) makes...

Keyshawn - Galloway worked out for both teams.

Bryant - Morgan = didnt.
  9. 2much2soon

2much2soon Active Member

2,446 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Some people are late bloomers emotionally and don't reach a productive state of maturity until later in life - like in their late '20s or 30s.
    However, by all accounts Bryant is a highly intelligent fellow (remember the story about how his Mom has a room filled with academic trophies he won when he was younger?) and he should be smart enough to realize if he would "grow up" he could have a very productive and lucrative career as a pro football player.
    I am thinking Bryant may be one of those people that doesn't grow up in time.
  10. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    From what I've read about him this year, the main problem seems to be dropping the ball. I haven't anything about his attitude creating any real problems, but it does seem like he's dropped an unnacceptable number of balls.

I loved the guy when we he was here and I still the think the light could turn on. If I were Cleveland, I'd resign him to a reasonable contract (if he doesn't accept it than they could look elsewhere) and let him battle it out for the #2 spot.
  11. ka0tik

ka0tik DALLAS

2,882 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    **** Antonio Bryant...:D
  12. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hell No, another T.O.
  13. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    no

more like, hell no, a lesser TO
  14. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,843 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    If we want to bring a talented cancer to the team, pick the top dawg in Owens, not an inconsistent wanna be like Bryant. And for the record, I am DEAD AGAINST bringing Owens to the team, just making a point.
  15. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    point taken

and I too don't want TO wearing the star
  16. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree on the whole, but the one thing Bryant does have going for him is his age. Age is probably the main reason I don't want T.O. hear. I'm sure he'd produce for 1 or 2 years, but I want long-term success for this team.
  17. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,807 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    AB is the greatest player when theteam is being blown out, and the worst player when the game is on the line. I would rather take 40+ terry and key then a 20-whatever AB.
  18. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think you're overdoing it a bit. His best game for the Browns this year was when he caught two TDs in a victory. Also he came up big several times for the Cowboys (juggled touchdown against Carolina and the big catch against the Giants on MNF.) I'm not saying he's a showtime player but I find generalized comments like yours a bit irritating.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,074 Messages
    1,935 Likes Received
    No one.