1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Any chance Garrett gets fired? Who would you hire?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BruceLee5450, Dec 31, 2012.

1. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I hope he is canned.. Guy has been here since 2007 & still has no clue how to adjust to defenses & fails time and time again to come out of the gate ready to play.
  2. Cowboys Fan NJ

Cowboys Fan NJ Member

33 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I didn't even want him promoted after Wade was fired, but unfortunately I see no shot of him being fired now.
  3. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,103 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Holmgren is the best option. No way Cowher or Gruden comes here to this mess. Holmgren already has a great relationship with Jerry...that might be the most important factor. Whether they keep Romo or dump him and invest in a draft pick QB, Holmgren has the credibility and reputation of developing some great QBs.
  4. DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy Well-Known Member

5,401 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    I think we're going to have to suffer through another year of this guy.
  5. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'm afraid so.
  6. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,565 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    oh lord.
  7. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,472 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    No chance.

We're stuck with this until we have a real football guy at the top. :(
  8. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    I read that Jason cost Jerry $15 million in tickets,parking and gate for a playoff game next week. I wouldn't be surprised if Jason goes. I mean, Jerry isnt blind, he watches the same games filled with the same horrible game management that we do. Im sure the doubt has creeped into his mind, especially after the interview with McMahon grilling him about what has improved, and especially after the game today where he refused to address the coaching situation.
  9. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,820 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    Yeah, Jerry's post-game comments seemed cryptic to me. If you were dead-set on bringing your coach back, you wouldn't handle things the way he handled it. I thought there was no way Garrett would be fired, but Jerry looked and sounded like someone that something else in mind.
  10. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,714 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    He'll get one last chance, and be fired in 2014.

At which point Jerry will probably make a Steve Spurrier-esque brain fart move and try and lure Nick Saban to Dallas.
  11. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

Then he proceeded to basically talk up the Washington coaches and organization. Something could be brewing here.
  12. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I didn't even know about that and just saw it on DC.com. That was a very odd thing to start an interview with.
  13. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    You think he had a plan B in his back pocket the whole time? Maybe a Cohwer or Gruden thing?
  14. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    I'd take Switzer over Garrett at his point. But realistically I'd be happy with either of the walruses.. Reid or Holmgren.
  15. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,829 Messages
    2,677 Likes Received
    Peter King brought up Gruden out of nowhere a few weeks ago. And Dan Patrick said Garrett could be out if we missed the playoffs.
  16. Leadbelly

Leadbelly Active Member

505 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    I don't really want a coaching change again, but I am coming around to the play-calling / play design being a weakness - whether it's red zone inefficiency, or another weak running year, or the penalties, or just the general frantic, bumbling effort pre-snap. There's just something fundamental that's broken. We shouldn't be the mess we are.

I also don't really see what the team likes in Wade Wilson. He's basically been Romo's caddy since coming over in 2007. Romo's game is full of the same mistakes he was making years ago.

Glad I'm on vacation...can't sleep at all tonight.
  17. DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy Well-Known Member

5,401 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    Do you think Gruden would be any good?

I just have never been sold on Garrett. I thought he had a decent two weeks against Cincy and Pittsburgh, but I'm sick of it looking like the game is so much easier for other teams.
  18. weaver21

weaver21 Member

627 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I'd take Holmgren or Gruden over Garrett, preferably Holmgren given his history with quarterbacks.
  19. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,820 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on coaches, but Gruden strikes me as a little too much sizzle and too little steak at this point. Yeah, he'd produce great press conferences, but I'm not sure he's really the ideal fit for what we have.

I do like the guy in your signature, though: Holmgren. I don't view him as a perfect candidate by any means, but we also know we can't really hire the perfect candidate given the way our organization is structured. I do, however, think he'd be a good fit. Has a history with QBs, can work with Jerry, has won in two different stops, etc. If we're moving forward with Romo, he's the coach I'd want to move forward with at this point, I think.
  20. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,165 Messages
    659 Likes Received
    Why would you fire Garrett at this point after having his team play at a chance at the NFC East title after going 3-5?