1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Any interest in Delmas?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DAL1180, Feb 13, 2014.

1. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    Its hysterical to see the guys on here who are still in love with Garrett. Embarrassing. They are the WKFs (wrong kind of fans. ) who think like Jerry and would rather lose with a guy they want to go to a museum with on the weekend than win with a true football coach that may say bad words and such.
  2. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,072 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    OK, I'll play. Which hard-nosed, aggressive, style player have we passed on because they were not a RKG?
  3. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,365 Messages
    1,521 Likes Received
    And who's in love with Garrett around here?
    I'd love some names...
  4. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    No thanks... I'd prefer going through the draft.
  5. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,147 Messages
    4,338 Likes Received
    Really wanted this kid out of college. Looking back I'm glad we passed and should pass now.
    casmith07 likes this.
  6. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,302 Messages
    2,721 Likes Received
    I would rather invite Will Allen back on a multi-year deal than get Delmas.
  7. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,233 Messages
    572 Likes Received
    The Cowboys roster has been littered with far too many injured players. We don't need to be pursuing more.
  8. Cowboy06

Cowboy06 Active Member

395 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    No, a little sarcasm, but not a joke. You have to build depth and competition on any good team. No starter should ever feel 'safe'. Historically, the good teams that stay around for a long time have had other good players that could push the starters. This isnt always the rules and the salary cap has changed the game along with free agency, but the concept is the same. If you have a Montana, you hope to have a Young. If you have a Jerry Rice, you hope a quieter and more team oriented Terrell Owens is there or perhaps a John Taylor. Never have one point of failure. See what happened when starters went down last season? Very seldom did anyone really step up.

So, I don't care for our slot CBs, not because they aren't good, but because the scheme and the players didn't mesh. Just my opinion. I like Murray, but I want someone to push him out of the way. Someone that is healthy, hungry and can make him look at the film, he drags his feet. He glides behind the line of scrimmage. After the linebackers his absolutely awesome. So if your linemen block and create large holes and he's in space, winner winner chicken dinner. I want a RB that need 18 inches of daylight and sliver of hope.

Bottom line, you and I want the same thing, a return to relevance and SB wins. Perhaps we take different roads, but the destination is same.
  9. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

855 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    Better than Heath as a an option.
  10. Next Years Champ

Next Years Champ Active Member

494 Messages
    178 Likes Received
    You mean like Miles Austin and Sean Lee?

Nope.

Not interested.