1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Any news on Ware's injury? ***Expected to miss 3-4 weeks***

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by crazyfool, Oct 14, 2013.

1. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,340 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    He's going to pass Greene? Players have a production curve and Ware is on the downside of that curve, whether it be by injuries or age his production is falling off and I don't think he gets to Greene.
  2. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Never trust a thing shefter says.

I will wait till we hear it from the team and one if the quality local guys.
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  3. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

2,087 Messages
    388 Likes Received
    Sources: DE DeMarcus Ware could miss Philadelphia game but could also be cleared for practice later in week
    http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...-uncertain-with-a-strained-thigh-muscle.html/

While there are reports that the Pro Bowl defender could miss three to four weeks, club officials insist his timetable is day-to-day. He will be checked again Wednesday to see what, if anything, he will be cleared to do in practice.
  4. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,006 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    Time will tell if he's "breaking down".
  5. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,752 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    He WAS on pace for 10+ sacks until this injury. He may not end up with 10 sacks this season if he can't stay healthy. I also don't agree he should hang it up but at 31 the injuries are bringing him down.
  6. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,587 Messages
    1,540 Likes Received

I think he will. There is zero wrong with Ware's explosion and I'm telling you right now, be in Dallas or elsewhere, he's got a lot of game still left in him IMO.
  7. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,718 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    Darn you, Clove....darn you! How dare ye speak about our fan base that way. It makes me angry to see such sentiments, but only because they ring true!!
  8. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

2,087 Messages
    388 Likes Received
    Oh well. I've seen my share of championships in my lifetime. (when I started watching sports from 1979 on)

My fav teams...

Cowboys 3 Superbowls
    Lakers 10 Titles
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  9. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,256 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    LOL the irony...kinda how I feel about you and your Romo rants.
    03EBZ06 likes this.
  10. KJJ

10,752 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    I think time is starting to tell he's 31 and the past 2 seasons he can't seem to stay on the field. We've seen him a number of times come off the field having to be treated for something. He just underwent shoulder surgery this past offseason. This reminds me of the recurring injuries Shawne Merriman was going through that caused him to lose his effectiveness. If was one injury after another with Merriman. Ware is not impacting games like he did. Some don't even consider him the Cowboys best defensive player anymore.
  11. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,824 Messages
    192 Likes Received
    31 and having an injury plagued season. Sounds like he is due for an extension. Jerry has him right where he wants him.
  12. JerryJonesMustGo

JerryJonesMustGo Active Member

299 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    Merriman was a roid guy. It is typical of guys to get injured more and be way less effective after being on roids for awhile.
  13. KJJ

10,752 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    I agree the roids probably caused Merriman's issues. He started having injury problems as soon as he came back from his drug suspension. Usually when players abuse roids and get off them they start having injury problems. They can't recover like they use to and roids can cause joint and tissue damage from prolonged use. However the past couple of seasons it's been one injury after another with Ware and it's causing him to lose effectiveness.
  14. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,352 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    greene is the only linebacker on your list there and you know damn well strahan is getting in. Ware is currently a DE but he did his work as a OLB and will go down as one of, if not the best ever to play the position.
  15. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,007 Messages
    1,397 Likes Received
    He was a pass rusher...DE/OLB doesnt make a difference for what he has done. His job has always been, for the most part, to just get to the quarterback.
  16. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,068 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    No ware means Romo can't afford a INT
  17. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Wow.

Somebody needs to review Demarcus ware a little closer.

Or give up on bagging on the guy.
  18. ilykdrama

ilykdrama Active Member

344 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    I think he'll play in Philly. His pride is too big. I also think he'll run the wheels off himself because of that same pride. Kinda sad to watch. Some players willpower can override there pain. I think Ware is in so much pain that his willpower can't overcome it. Not a knock on him, cause it seems he's just getting a bad draw every game.
  19. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,352 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    lol yep, to ignore you go
  20. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,007 Messages
    1,397 Likes Received
    What else does he do?

He's dropped into coverage sporadically in his career sure, but its not like he's covering slot receivers or matching up with TEs in the red zone. He's good against the run, but his job in the run game, regardless of position, is to set the edge. The difference between 34 OLB and 43 DE, in his case, is way overblown. When it comes to his legacy, sacks are the only thing that really matter.