1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

News: Any news or articles re: Al Johnson?

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyfreak, Apr 28, 2004.

1. cowboyfreak

cowboyfreak Member

493 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I heard on draft day that he was doing better - I think ... I just don't know where I heard it.

I really hope he gets back as I still feel that he is the key cog to our O-Line- especially after the wonderful training camp he was having last year. It seemed that Parcells was absolutely in love with the guy.

Any links, aricles, or news would be greatly appreciated. :D
  2. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,700 Likes Received
    Mickey Spags reported that he has been working out every day during the off season training and is close to 100%.
  3. RatisBeast

RatisBeast Chevy Guy

1,737 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    That's sweet hos, when was this reported ?
  4. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,901 Messages
    555 Likes Received
    That is music to my ears, with a healthy AJ I am looking for big improvements in our running game.
  5. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Mickey said on draft day that the Cowboys had already penciled him in as starting center because he was doing so well. He said they don't expect any limitations on him at all.
  6. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

22,698 Messages
    2,411 Likes Received
    Here is a link to Mickey's 20 minute interview with Jerry Jones from their pre-draft show. In it Jerry said that they have Al penciled in as the starter. He said that he watched Al "dancing" jump rope like a boxer for about 25 minutes straight. He also said something like the doctors were pleased with what the injury looked like, the surgery itself, and the recovery since.

Dial Up:
    http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/2003/cowboys/demand/jones_042204_56.rm&proto=rtsp

Broadband:
    http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/2003/cowboys/demand/jones_042204_300.rm&proto=rtsp

http://www.dallascowboys.com/broadcasts.cfm
  7. chicago JK

chicago JK Well-Known Member

1,647 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Bill called Al a 'trained pig' a few months ago. He says all he does is get to the Ranch early to lift weights and then goes home to take a nap and then comes back in the afternoon to work out again. If he can stay healthy, he will be a Parcells favorite no doubt.
  8. cowboyfreak

cowboyfreak Member

493 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I had not heard anything definitive. That type of surgery is so risky he is lucky to walk again much less take on 300 pound DTs :D
  9. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sounds alot like my day... well, minus the working out part.
  10. Hollywood Henderson

Hollywood Henderson Benched

3,329 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good one Rocky!

I read somewhere that Al is doing great....But...I forgot his weight, he needs to get it up by training camp...

I just watch last years draft in tape and it was COOL to see replays of BIG All pancaking players left & right...

Make no mistake he is a player...while Lehr will be lucky to even make the team this year...

Him alone will make a BIG dif in the running game!
  11. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think someone posted an article at the old board not too long ago. I believe it said that he still needed to gain some weight.
  12. JDSmith

JDSmith Well-Known Member

2,228 Messages
    583 Likes Received
    I think a lot is hinging on Al Johnson. With him backed up by Dinapoli we'll be rock solid at the center position. Having a good center will make both guards look better and if Johnson is really at 100% I expect a huge jump in our ability to run the ball - Julius Jones should have some decent holes to run through.
  13. Tricky-22

Tricky-22 Git R Done

472 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "Trained Pig" is that what Bill uses as a term of endearment? :D
  14. The Realist

The Realist Well-Known Member

3,768 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    There's another draft piece on DC.com that shows some of the guys running and lifting.....one that includes interviews of emmitt, woody and michael......shows Drew lifting and AJ running, and cutting.