1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Any thoughts on Kyle Wilber

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RamziD, Nov 1, 2012.

1. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,906 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    Edit: Wrong forum. Sorry.
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,967 Messages
    5,348 Likes Received
    He has good length (6-4, 33.5" arms) and good speed (4.67 forty at Pro Day).

He will have to gain some weight/strength especially to play the Strong Side OLB.
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,923 Messages
    9,009 Likes Received
    He was on my pet cat list going into the draft but I don't know if he'll ever be starting quality. He's never been a real pass rusher.
  4. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    That is the reason that I think it was a wasted pick. Dallas doesn't have but one pass rusher now and needs several more. This guy doesn't add to that.
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,550 Messages
    1,415 Likes Received
    3 sacks as a senior in the ACC. Doubt he ever becomes dominant in that category.
  6. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,967 Messages
    5,348 Likes Received
    He played in a 3-4 his final year at Wake. In the games I watched, he was in coverage more often than most 3-4 OLBs. He was good against the run. Rushing the passer seemed to be his 3rd priority.

Wake played a scheme where they tried to get pressure with small quick DLinemen. Their NT was 5-11, 260 lbs. This type of scheme puts extra pressure on the Linebackers to stop the run.

None of this indicates that he will or will not be a good pass rusher, but at worst case, I think he has more upside than Victor Butler.
  7. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

953 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    well they said he played pretty well in training camp and that is all anyone knows.
  8. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,739 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    wish he could get some PT lol he must suck on special teams because he always seem to be not on the active list.
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,865 Messages
    4,921 Likes Received