1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Any word on Dez?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Biggems, Jan 1, 2013.

1. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,339 Messages
    1,362 Likes Received
  2. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,108 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received

Yeah -- this (excerpted from the article link) doesn't look like back spasms:
    Bryant was tested for possible structural damage in his back. Garrett said the team was awaiting the results of those tests.

"We think ultimately it's going to get under control," Garrett said. "It's a pretty significant injury, and he obviously couldn't come back and play and really couldn't walk until this morning."
  3. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,945 Messages
    289 Likes Received
    Yep, and that's my biggest fear. A 23-or-whatever year old already suffering from back injuries? Please, no...
  4. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,581 Messages
    537 Likes Received
    Thought that was him. At least he could get around that way
  5. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

2,008 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    Get well soon Dez
  6. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,812 Messages
    1,575 Likes Received
    I wouldn't be surprised if he had structural damage in his lower back dating back to that catch against the Giants
  7. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,947 Messages
    1,400 Likes Received
    I just read on twitter that he left FEdEx in a wheelchair and had to have people help him get dressed. That his back completely locked up. He had an MRI this am to see if there is any structural damage. That's pretty scary. As a guy myself going through multiple MRI's on my back and waiting for my surgery on my back this could be terrible news for DEZ. With the pain I am in and hearing his back locked up to the point he couldn't walk is very scary. If anyone gets any updates please post them.
  8. slaga

slaga Member

214 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I hope Dez is fine. I would never wish any injury to any player, even a Cowboy, especially a back injury. I have a couple really close relatives with chronic back trouble (requiring multiple surgeries). I really hope he recovers completely, preferably without requiring surgery. 23 is way too young...
  9. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,461 Messages
    1,664 Likes Received
    The article said it happened when he was running down the field. How do you have possible structural damage to your back from just running? I'm thinking maybe he landed wrong on it at some point, maybe even earlier in the season. I recall that he landed on his butt kinda hard during the infamous "finger" play. That could lead to back or hip problems.
  10. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,947 Messages
    1,400 Likes Received
    I can't remember for sure but I thought Meangelo landed on him after an attempted catch or a catch like the play before then he went to the sideline. I remember my brother saying Meangelo landed on Dez back
  11. IheartRomo

IheartRomo Member

512 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    That's exactly what I thought of when I saw that his back was hurt. If it's something serious I would be shocked if it didn't stem from that awful landing on that catch.
  12. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,481 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Many back injuries just begin with a twinge, a sense that something isn't right. A while later those muscles start to tighten...
  13. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,755 Messages
    626 Likes Received
    you should be...that when things 'happen' for dez.