1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Anyone else excited about this weekend?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboy4ever, Oct 9, 2012.

1. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    To be honest I'm not excited at all and the excitement just goes down and down game after game. Pitiful, I know.

I haven't seen a thing from this team to make me think it's ever going to change. The moment you think something good is happening it just goes away the following week.

I'll treat it like a Soap Opera!
  2. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,602 Messages
    1,023 Likes Received
    Wouldn't you agree there was no talk of playing Carr at safety while Church was healthy? If McCray is adequate to the task, why don't we just plug him in and play him instead of trying to work our best cover corner into some kind of safety rotation?:confused:
  3. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Thats because you have a short memory. You will be excited till about the 2nd quarter rolls around. At least if we do it my way and play conservative, we could at least be in it until the 4th quarter. If Garretts gets up on his horse and starts having Romo fling it all over the field and abondons the running game in the first quarter, we will be doomed.
  4. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,274 Messages
    286 Likes Received
    Wow, the confidence and excitement level for our Cowboys seems to be at an all time low, at least in my recent memory. Can't say it's not without merit, though. :(
  5. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,510 Messages
    878 Likes Received
    Fair point. I'd argue that our defense hasn't missed a beat without church
  6. 30yrheel

30yrheel Well-Known Member

2,744 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    nope, tired of getting my hopes up and then.........you know.
  7. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

946 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Not getting excited about the Cowboys nowadays. Shakes my head way more often than I get excited from play to play.

But I will root for them, no matter how much they suck.

At least it's good to be pleasantly surprised.
  8. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    I thought the believe sigs were going to make a comeback;) I always get excited when they play
  9. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,913 Messages
    984 Likes Received
    Whats this weekend?
  10. BehindEnemyLinez

BehindEnemyLinez Optimist Prime

2,234 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :bow: :bow: I, BehindEnemyLinez, approve this message! ;)
  11. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

10,009 Messages
    1,148 Likes Received
    No offense Catch, cuz I like what you add to this forum, but you sound a lot like Steeler fans that I have to put up with constantly. If they are losing, they turn the channel and like go and more their lawn. I don't get it.
  12. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,616 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    It's amazing. Why spend your free time on a Cowboys message board, if you, don't like the Cowboys?
  13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,775 Messages
    10,074 Likes Received
    I haven't been excited since the Parcells years.
  14. Risen Star

22,775 Messages
    10,074 Likes Received
    Because he does like the Cowboys. That's obvious to anyone who can dress themself.

But liking the Cowboys and believing they are always right on the brink of greatness are two different things.

See, some are cheerleaders. Some are fans. Catch is a fan.
  15. Apollo Creed

8,616 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    I can't wait to see how certain people here will post when the team starts winning.

Cowboys Win The SuperBowl.

'Yeah, well it's about damn time.' 'We only won by 10.'

I will admit I found your perpetual negativity absolutely hilarious because it usually is pretty spot on and predictable which makes it even better. You never waver, which is admirable.
  16. Apollo Creed

8,616 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    I think anyone who posts on a message board is going to develop agendas as time goes on, and whether they're positive or negative are meaningless. It takes away from the ability to discuss the team objecively.

I'm still waiting on a lot of Garrett/Jerry supporters to come out and say simply one thing negative about them.

Same way I'm waiting on a lot of 'realists' to come out and say something positive about the way the team is going.

Because it's not all bad, we're 2-2, anyone can get hot in this league, and once you get in the playoffs anything can happen.

I've seen average teams make deep runs in the playoffs, we're not out there getting dominatd every week with no hope. In most cases, Dallas is shooting themselves in the foot, losing the games more often than teams are just flat out beating us.

I don't care how you post, but just as time goes on, whether you're extremely positive or negative - it gets old and predictable and you're incapable of having any sense of a discussion with people. Hence why everything turns into pissing matches. It's okay to be in the middle on some things. Takes away from the overall quality of the discussions with such a polarized board.
  17. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

2,304 Messages
    873 Likes Received
    I agree with much of what you posted Apollo but the the problem is in the first part I quoted. Not speaking for RS but I assume you're referring to him since you quoted him. RS has been very positive on Smith and Claiborne. He may not like the fact that we traded up to get a CB but he's not denying the kid's talent and what he can bring to the team.

Problem is, people just focus on the fact that he's vocal about the OL. He's been vocal about the line during the off-season and prior to the draft; he's been very consistent in the that regard. Unlike some here that pimped OL prior to the draft, had OL on their mock drafts and when we didn't address it, they just towed the company line and changed their tune that CB was a more important need even though it wasn't even mentioned after signing Carr. Talk about a lack of objectivity.

RS was initially positive about JG but some questions have crept in because of comments made by Jerry that seem to undermine the coach and, as a result, may raise some questions as to whether or not JG is the right guy to lead this team and if he can win here. All valid questions and not all negative but people can't see any of the positive comments because they're so focused on defending Jerry at all costs.
  18. lane

lane The Chairman

11,070 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    probably the least excited for an upcoming game in all my 37 years of watching
    the cowboys.

i will go absolutely crazy if we win though.

i will be so happy...happy happy happy!!
  19. Risen Star

22,775 Messages
    10,074 Likes Received
    I'd think as long as you're an adult this isn't the case.

My only agenda is the team winning.

As for things getting old, just because you're tired of reading it doesn't make it false. I'm tired of the product on the field every year and the real reason behind it.
  20. cowboyz

cowboyz Well-Known Member

1,737 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    this last game, the safeties were not reacting very well. they were slow to respond in the pass, and especially the run game. most times they weren't even part of the play. i would really like to see carr at safety right now. jenkins is a horrible free safety. and mccray as well. they're both not aggressive at all. and they don't even provide any support, just running around aimlessly. maybe they're just taught not to get beat, but they're not doing anything it's like playing 10 on 11.