1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Anyone else not like touchscreen phones?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Chocolate Lab, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,685 Messages
    2,419 Likes Received
    I'm trying my second one now, and I just don't think I can get used to them.

Actually, both ones I've tried have had the slide-out keyboard, and this one has a better keyboard than the first one. So technically, it's not typing on the virtual screen... I guess I just like the Blackberry-style physical keyboard that you don't have to flip out and turn sideways, etc.

I know everyone wants an iphone now -- they're the cool thing and every company is copying it in one way or another. But I just don't think I like it. Sure, the big screen is better for the internet, but other than that, I don't see any advantages.

Is it just me?
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,031 Messages
    3,966 Likes Received
    Nope, you're not alone.

I like the Blackberry for the exact reasons you mentioned.

I don't like overly big/heavy phones, so that's why I'll never get the phones with the slide out keypad.

The Blackberry Bold 9700 is just the right size for me.
  3. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't like touch screen phones either. Tried several and they all froze up or other things. I went back to my Blackberry Curve. Screen is small but I use my phone for business more than anything so I don't care if the images for web or texting are small.
  4. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I had a PocketPC phone back around 2000-2001. It had a stylus and no keyboard. I swore off them since that time. I've had Blackberries every since.

I recently bought Google's Nexus One. It took me a bit to get the typing down where I wasn't making lots of mistakes, but I will say this. An actual keyboard is still a far better choice when typing. Virtual keyboards pretty much suck, though with practice. It has become somewhat usable.

That said, outside of typing, the touch screen is 100x better than what the Blackberry offered.
  5. Meat-O-Rama

Meat-O-Rama Vegetarians are so stupid.

2,222 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    I like everything about my iPhone except the touchscreen keyboard. I like having a real keyboard for emails and txts. That being said, it does everything else extremely well.
  6. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I'm so used to a touch screen that when I use my company droid I still use the touch screen keyboard.
  7. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have an iPhone and have had no trouble getting used to the touchscreen keyboard.
  8. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,228 Messages
    1,960 Likes Received
    Phones still have keypads?
  9. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have a Nokia 6303 bar phone. Metal case. No touch screen. A nice for the price 3.2 megapixel camera. Light and small, but not too light or too small. It's old school, but I like it.

I'm never far from a desktop, laptop, or netbook ... so I have no need for an even smaller interface (or stylus, frustratingly small keyboard, etc.)
  10. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Seconded. I LOVE LOVE my iPhone.
  11. xWraithx

xWraithx Benched

3,449 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ORLY, can I come watch you walk on water too?
  12. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,915 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I own an HTC Touch Pro 2. I <3 it. I love the slide out keyboard, and it's roomy.

I also <3 the Sprint TV which means free NFLN when I am not near a TV and have time to kill.
  13. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What a weird response.

Someone creates a thread asking if people have had trouble using touchscreen phones. I simply responded. What's your problem, bub?
  14. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,725 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    Ditto these...

The iPhone works so smoothly...

I had a Samsung Impression for a while... it was awful...
  15. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,666 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I love my iPhone.
  16. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I'm your huckleberry. And that's just my game.
  17. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,143 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    He likes to create drama for his own entertainment, so he responds in a way that's meant to elicit that type of response. Then he can ramp it up for a few more posts until it's ridiculous and you ignore him.
  18. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    He's jacking my style is what he's doing.
  19. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,666 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's frontin' on you.
  20. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Damn right. ****ing poseurism.